47. Evolve

So It Goes // Corlys Velaryon // Rhaenys Targaryen out now!

"You have grown. Changed. Evolved." Viserys declared and Davina smiled back at him. 

"Thanks vis. I'm quite happy too with who I am." Davina agreed. 

"I want you on my council Davina." Viserys declared and Davina blinked back at him confused. "I want you in a position of power. I spoke at length with my hand and my queen. They both agree you would be a wonderful addition to the small council." 

"Father in law doing some ass kissing?" Davina mused. 

"Lyonel is fond of you." Viserys agreed. "I'm really surprised, honestly, I havent seen Alicent smile this much, she bonds with the children... it's you Dav." 

"I just gave her a shove." Davina corrected. "You know me, gentle guidance." Viserys snorted a laugh. "Not so gentle guidance." Davina countered. "Are you serious? You want me in a true position of power?" 

"I do." Viserys agreed. 

"Then I would love to." Davina agreed. 

"Mama auntie Nyra is screaming a lot!" Rhaegar declared. 

"Yeah, I think someone is killing her." Val agreed. 

"What?" Luke spat back, terrified little eyes staring back at Davina. 

"You get another baby brother or maybe a sister this time." Davina offered running a hand through Luke's hair. 

"Mama Dav you have to promise they are not killing her." Luke begged as she knelt before him. 

"I will check on your mama," Davina assured kissing his forehead. "Harwin!" Davina declared. "I have so many things, so many but I need you to distract the littles while I check on Rhaenyras progress." 

"Ah the joys of labor." Harwin agreed kissing her quickly as Valyria grabbed his hand. "You see how its just Draeya that is a terror." Harwin mused giving Valyria's hand a squeeze. 

"Terror." Davina scoffed as she headed off. 

+

''Push!'' the midwife demanded

''The head!'' another midwife declared kneeling between Rhaenyra's legs. Rhaenyra kept pushing, moaning and groaning in agony but it was almost done, it had to be.

''A boy, Princess.''

''Praise the Mother!'' The baby's cries rang out.

"Ahh." They placed the boy in Rhaenyra's arms, she smiled down at him, another boy. "Healthy?"

" Kicking like a goat, Princess." They assured. Rhaenyra had but a fraction of a moment before the door opened.

"Boy? Girl? Baby dragon?" Davina asked popping her head in.

"Auntie!" Rhaenyra said happily. "A boy."

"Gimme, gimme." Davina said immediately.

'he is still attached to me Auntie." Rhaenyra informed her as she adjusted.

''You should remain abed, Princess...'' Rhaenyra felt the blood dripping between her legs.

''Ooh... Mmm...'' Rhaenyra froze her face pinched her lip quivered

"Rhaenyra..." Davina whispered getting closer to them.

''Mmm." Rhaenyra tried to hush her crying babe as she the pain erupting in her stomach. They cut and tied the umbilical cord.

''Princess? Oh, it's coming. The afterbirth!'' Rhaenyra doubled over groaning. She took a deep steading breath as Davina took the babe from her.

"Lay the fuck down." Davina demanded. But there was another knock at the door.

"Princess... the Queen has requested that the child be brought to her... immediately." Elinda one of Alicent's handmaidens informed her.

''Why?'' Rhaenyra said with a groan. Elinda just stared back at her holding out her hands for the babe. ''I'll take him myself.'' Rhaenyra said stubbornly.

''You should remain abed, Princess...''

''Yes, I should!'' Rhaenyra spat. ''Help me dress.''

"I can bring him." Davina offered. 

"No, it must be me." Rhaenyra corrected. "Can you check on the boys? Let them know I'm okay?"

"Of course." Davina agreed as she handed the babe back to her. 

+

"A boy." Davina declared. 

"I already know the perfect egg!" Valyria declared grabbing lukes hand. 

"Are you going to make a fuss about Val's little crush on luke?" Davina whispered leaning into Harwin. 

"Can't I just keep them my babies forever?" Harwin countered. 

"Gael, a boy." Davina declared. He couldnt stop his smile. He hadnt laid with Rhaenyra in moons but perhaps this would spark something between them again. 

"Alicent requested to meet the babe." Davina added softly as Jace and Luke wandered following Val's guidance, Rhaegar rode on Harwin's back bored. 

"That's good right?" Harwin countered. 

"I gave up trying to get them to play nice." Davina murmured as Valyria showed Luke the egg. "What joy she gets out of this, I don't know... they torment each other but..." Davina sighed as Rhaegar reached out for her. "Hi baby." He clung to her happily. 

"Big baby." Davina whispered kissing his head. "Getting too big for this, I'm not strong like daddy apparently." 

"Rhaegar is such a mama's boy." Harwin reminded her. 

"Oh, Alicent and your father thought it was a lovely idea for me, your wonderful and perfect wife to be on the small council." Davina informed him. Harwin tipped his head to look into her eyes, see if she was lying. "I know and Viserys agreed."

"Shut the fuck up." Harwin laughed out. 

"I'm serious." Davina agreed. 

"Daddy said a bad word." Rhaegar whispered in Davina's ear. 

"I will punish him later." Davina agreed as Harwin slapped her ass. 

+

Rhaenyra doubled over groaning. She took a deep steading breath as she righted herself and walked on shaky legs to get to the opposite end of the castle.

''A boy. I've just heard.' Laenor said happily

''Yes.'' Rhaenyra said through pained breaths.

''Well done. Where are you going?''

''She wants to see him.'' Rhaenyra hissed

''Now? I'm coming with you.''

''I should hope so.'' Rhaenyra countered

''Let me take him.'' Laenor offered

''No, she'll get no such satisfaction from me. Just take my arm, at the least.'' Rhaenyra told him stubbornly and he held onto her trying to help her walk.

''Was it terribly painful?''

''Oh gods.'' Rhaenyra grumbled men knew nothing of birthing pain.

''I took a lance through the shoulder once.'' Laenor remarked.

"My deepest sympathies." Rhaenyra hissed

''The Princess... The Princess...'' the people bowed before her and she offered them tight smiles as she cradled her baby to her.

''I am glad I am not a woman.'' Laenor remarked