56. Remember Me

"If you remember me, then I don't care if everyone else forgets." Harwin whispered.

'No.' Davina whimpered. ''No... I wasnt fast enough. Damnit im fireproof not you''. Davina whimpered.

''I love you Davina Strong.'  He rasped.

''I love you Harwin...''

''Damnit.'' Davinas lips trembled as his eyes closed and his breath left his lungs his heart beat for the last time. ''Damnit damnit damnit. No. Come back. Come back''

Davina pounded on his chest, breathed her breath into his lungs. She kept going for what felt like an eternity.

"COME ON!" Davina screamed slamming her fist down on his chest again and he popped up, banging his head into her and she sat back shocked.

"Davina." he rasped and she didn't have any words she just hugged him. He felt her tears on his burns. 

+

''What are children, but a weakness? A folly? A futility? Through them, you imagine you cheat the great darkness of its victory." Larys remarked. ''You will persist forever, in some form or another. As if they will keep you from the dust.''

''But for them... you surrender what you should not. You may know what is the right thing to be done, but... love stays the hand.'' Bodies burned all over the world, some of dragon, some of mass chaos. Larys was confident his family was dead.

''Love... is a downfall. Best to make your way through life unencumbered... if you ask me.'

''They're dead.'' Alicent rasped.

''You've heard the stories of Harrenhal, Your Grace. It was built in hubris by Harren the Black as a monument to his own greatness. Blood mixed into the mortar. It is said to be a cursed place. That it passes judgment on all who pass beneath its gates.'' Larys remarked softly.

''You... You passed judgment.'' Alicent corrected Davina was going to be heartbroken. Alicent had no idea, she didnt know what Larys was planning she would have stopped him. Now Davina had lost the love of her life. 

''The Queen makes a wish. What servant of the realm would not strive to fulfill it? I assume you will write to your father now?'' Larys questioned softly.

''Larys... I did not wish for this.'' Alicent reminded him.

''I feel certain you will reward me... when the time is right.''

"What reward?" Alicent whimpered. "Davina... she... you just..."

+

Harwin was seen by maesters as soon as Davina and Fury landed at the capital. Larys was shocked how could it be? He was alive? No, no, no the fires should have consumed him completely but he underestimated Davina Strongaryen!

The kids paced the room as Harwin's burns were treated and wrapped.

"Is he going to be okay?" Haezel questioned nervously. 

"He is going to be fine." Haenry assured but he looked nervously to Davina. "Right mum?" Davina and Draeya were unusually quiet. Valyria came and hugged Davina, looking at with sad eyes. 

"Get some rest." The maesters recommended. "Get something to eat, we will fetch you when he wakes." But Davina couldnt move. 

"Mama," Vaera whispered grabbing her hand. "Come on." 

"Haen, Drae... can you... take your siblings to get some food?" Davina rasped. "I will be right there." Draeya nodded as they headed down the hall. Davina could be brave and strong. She waited until they turned the corner to collapse to her knees. Sobbing silently, she couldnt lose him. He had to be alright. 

"Davina!" Criston declared kneeling beside her. 

"He needs to be okay." Davina demanded through sobs and blurry vision as tears filled her eyes. "He needs to be okay." Criston didnt know what to say so he hugged her and she sobbed into him.

Alicent saw the state of Davina as she shook on the ground bawling her eyes out. Alicent couldnt help but feel responsible. She didnt ask Larys to kill anyone. She wanted and needed for things, her father being back but killing Lyonel to get him back. 

"Davina, he is going to be alright." Alicent assured sitting beside her on the ground. 

"He has to be." Davina sobbed. "I can't do this without him." 

+

It was three days of sobbing and worry for Davina and children before Harwin seemed to be out of the woods. 

"Are we in the clear yet?" Davina questioned. The maesters nodded. "Good, thank the Gods." Davina declared as Harwin held tight to her hand. 

"Are we going to harenhall for uncle Gael?" Rhaegar questioned. 

"For the funeral?" Valyria added. 

"Your daddy needs rest-" Davina countered. "I think they can postpone-"

"We go." Harwin agreed. 

"Harwin," Davina rasped. "I almost lost you." 

"I'm right here..." Harwin reminded her. 

So they flew out. Kids piled on Chama and Faea, Draeya and Haenry's dragons and Vaera and Haezel rode Monster since Davina didnt want them flying alone. Davina held tight to Harwin as they flew. He still smelled like smoke, his burns still fresh and Davina had never been so worried in her life. 

"I'm right here." Harwin whispered kissing her gently as they said their final farewells to Gael and Lyonel Strong. 

+

''We join today at the seat of the sea to commit the lady Lena of house Valeryon to the eternal waters and domination of the Merling king where he will guard her for all her days to come as she sets to see for final voyage the lady Laena leaves to true born daughters on the shore though their mother will not return from her voyage they will all remain bound together in blood salt courses through velaryon blood. Ours runs thick. Ours runs true. And ours must never thin.'' Damon chuckled at that. And at that her casket was sent into the waters.

''My gentleness may the winds be as strong as your back you were sees as calm as your spirit and your nets be as full as your heart. From the sea we came. The sea we shall return.'' Daemon's daughters stood with their grandmother while Daemon was impatient to get on with it. He looked around for Davina. He heard the strongs had perished and thought this was his moment. They could finally get their happily ever after...