60. Cloak of Righteousness

Enchanted // Rhae Royce out now!

"Aemond!" Davina declared dropping before him. "What in seven hells happened!" She demanded.

"I rode a dragon mama Dav." Aemond told her as the maester stitched up his eye.

"Your eye my love." Alicent corrected.

"I rode Vhagar, she is mine now." Aemond told her and a sad smile pulled at Davina's lips.

"Aemond honey... your eye." Davina requested gently bringing a hand to his cheek.

"Vhagar is mine." Aemond was too much like her.

"I knew he would be." Davina agreed kissing his head. "Now what the fuck happened?" she shouted looking to Harrold. ALicent was a nervous wreck as though this week hadnt been had enough.

"Alicent?" Viserys questioned coming into the throne room. "What's happened?"

"Vhagar is mine father."

"Are you sure he isnt your son?" Viserys remarked looking at davina but then he saw his eyes.

"Aemond was attacked and he cares about a dragon... yes. My son indeed." Davina agreed kissing his head gently again. Alicent held tight to Davina's hand. How could this happen?

''How could you allow such a thing to happen? I will have answers.'' Viserys demanded as a maester tended to Aemond

''The princes were supposed to be abed, My King.'' Harrold told him

''Who had the watch?'' Viserys spat

''Young prince was attacked by his own cousins, Your Grace.'' Criston reminded him.

"Luke and Jace did this?' Davina asked confused, she didnt understand.

'Baela and Rhaena too." Aemond muttered. Davina sent a harsh gaze across at the twins. She already was not a fan of them and this was taking it too far.

''You swore oaths to protect and defend my blood!'' Viserys shouted in outrage.

''I'm very sorry, Your Grace.'' Harrold told him.

''The Kings guard has never had to defend princes from princes, Your Grace.'' Criston remarked and Alicent scoffed

''That is no answer!'' Viserys spat.

''It will heal, will it not, maester?' Alicent offered she couldnt breathe.

'The flesh will heal. But the eye is lost, Your Grace." Maester Kelvyn remarked solemnly.

'Aegon!'' Alicent spat. "Where were you?" she demanded slapping his cheek. Vaera ran up to Aegon trying to help him. 

Helaena was staring up at the ceiling, she saw a fly buzzing around, it captured her attention. Draeya ran to Aemonds side holding his hand. Davina kissed Harwin gently as Val and Rhaegar leaned into him. 

''Me? Ow! What was that for?'' Aegon said flinching away from Alicent.

''That was nothing compared to the abuse your brother suffered while you were drowning in your cups, you fool.'' Alicent sneered. Alicent had been trying to be a better mother, kinder to touch and slower to temper but today this whole day was driving her up a wall. 

Davina was never violent against her children but this whole day, seeing daemon, aemond's attack, where the fuck was Daemon... and Rhaenyra? Davina's mind spiraled quickly before shaking her head, Rhaenyra wouldn't, not after everything Davina had done, protecting her, protecting Jace and LUke and now Joffrey, loving them as if they were her own, her discretion but where were they? Where the fuck was Daemon! Haenry grabbed her hand as she tried to breathe.