48. Your Future Wife Awaits

''Princess.'' Criston remarked opening the door for Laenor and Rhaenyra.

''Rhaenyra! You should be resting after your labors.'' Alicent declared

''I have no doubt that you would prefer that, Your Grace.'' Rhaenyra seethed

''You must sit. Talya, fetch a cushion for the Princess.'' Alicent instructed and a cushion was placed on the couch for her.

''There's no need.''

''Nonsense. We'll finish this later.'' Alicent assured offering Rhaenyra her fakest of smiles.

''Your Grace.'' Talya said nodding to the queen as she left. Rhaenyra sat with a groan.

''What happy news this morning.'' Viserys declared

'Indeed, Your Grace.'' Laenor remarked.

''Where is he? Where is my grandson? There. There he is. Oh.'' Viserys took him from Rhaenyra and held him up. ''A fine Prince. Sturdy. You will make a fearsome knight.'' Viserys told her and Rhaenyra couldn't help but smile. ''Yes, you will.'' He added softly to the babe.

''Does the babe have a name yet?'' Alicent questioned

''We haven't spoken...'' Rhaenyra began as Laenor spoke up

'Joffrey. He'll be called Joffrey.'' Laenor told them proudly.

'That's an unusual name for a Velaryon.'' Alicent remarked.

''I do believe he has his father's nose.'' Viserys offered with a chuckle. Alicent looked at the little black hairs on Joffrey's head. ''Don't you?'' Viserys offered. "Did Davina meet him? I know she was excited."

"Yes, she was the first one in and asking if it was a baby dragon. Literal dragon I think." Rhaenyra agreed. 

"That is Davina." Viserys agreed. 

''If you don't mind, Your Grace, your daughter has exerted herself heroically and should rest.'' Laenor offered

''Of course. There.'' Viserys passed Joffrey back off to Rhaenyra ''Well done, my girl.'' Viserys kissed her cheek ''I do hope the labor was easy.''

''I think I called the midwife a cunt.'' Rhaenyra remarked.

"You and Davina didnt do your little bet for this one?" Viserys mused and Rhaenyra stared back at him. "I know, of course i knew. I thought it was hilarious.''

''Oh. Do keep trying, Ser Laenor'' Alicent whispered. ''Sooner or later, you may get one who looks like you.'' She offered.

''You don't... think to consult me before you name my child?'' Rhaenyra hissed as they left.

''He's our child, is he not?'' Laenor offered

''Only one of us is bleeding.'' Rhaenyra reminded him, a trail of blood bleed from her legs as she walked the afterbirth still releasing.

''I deserve some say in the affairs of my own family.'' Laenor reminded her.

''You haven't seemed so interested in our affairs of late.''

+

"I will meet you in the pits." Davina remarked taking Valyria's hand, Rhaegar still clung onto her back. "Go met your nephew." Davina told Gael and Harwin. "Go meet your brother." Davina told the boys. 

"Can I have another brother?" Valyria asked. "Or a sister, can I have one of each?" 

"No." Davina answered immediately. "I'm done. Baby shop is closed." 

"But mama, I want to be a big sister." Val told her seriously. 

"You can help with Rhaenyra's new babe." Davina countered. 

"Thats not the same thing." Val told her confidently. 

"Go on, get Thor and Loki trained." Davina instructed as she knelt down for Rhaegar to let go. "Do me proud." Davina instructed. He looked in at Draeya and Haenry ignoring the dragon maesters. 

"Mama said I can love you both." Draeya informed Haenry. 

"Princess-" But draeya held up a hand silencing them. 

"I'm not done and you are interrupting." Draeya told him confidently. "Back... off..." The dragon maesters looked at one another before looking at Davina at the caves entrance a big smile on her face as she leaned against the cave wall. 

"Thats my baby." Davina agreed with a clap. 

"Cookie!" Vaera shouted clapping her hands. "Stop that, stop that, we get cookies afterwards not before lessons." 

"Monster is listening better." Haezel declared. "Because I gave Monster a cookie before lessons!" Haezel giggled out. "Hey where is Jace?"

+

''And he sees a big, scary dragon! Mother... look. We chose an egg for the baby.''

''Ahh. That looks like the perfect one.'' Rhaenyra agreed looking down at her boys.

''Valyria picked it out." Jace remarked. "But she let Luke have the final say so." 

"I'm going to marry Val one day." Luke informed Rhaenyra. 

"Oh, are you?" Harwin countered and Luke smiled sheepishly up at him. 

"You didn't hear that." Luke rasped nervously. 

''Not every day an egg leaves the Dragon pit, Princess. I thought it best to escort the lads.'' Harwin remarked.

''Laenor and I thank you, Commander.' Rhaenyra said softly.

''Another boy, I heard. What a fine knight you are going to make, eh? Might I?'' Gael questioned looking to the babe.

''Ser Gael wishes to be introduced to Joffrey.'' Rhaenyra told Laenor, Laenor looked to Gael and Harwin's deep black hair, much like his childrens hair, he hesitated before passing him off.

''Of course.''

''Joffrey, is it?'' Gael questioned.

''Mm-hm. Mm.'' Rhaenyra agreed bitterly.

''Father, please may I hold Joffrey?'' Luke questioned.

''No, no. No. Ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah. Back to the Dragon pit for you two.'' Laenor remarked. "Your future wife will already be there." He added making Luke blush. ''Before they send out a search party.'' Laenor told them leading them out, the door closed

''You're asleep in front of the Commander of the City Watch." Harwin teased down to Joffrey ''Terrible lack of respect.''

''A certain insolence runs in the family, I'm afraid.'' Rhaenyra added looking between them. "Is there another baby in your future Harwin?" 

"Davina says no." Harwin remarked. "Since you have a little again I'm sure she will manage with stealing Joffrey." Gael smiled down at his son as Harwin excused himself.