80. A Toast to Strong Men

"I know that look." Davina whispered as she kissed aemonds head.

"What?" he asked innocently

"Don't." Davina requested.

"Not the foggiest what you mean mama." Aemond offered as she ran her fingers along his back.

"Aemond..."

"I just want to help mama." Aemond promised. "What better way than at family supper?" Davina let out a hot breath as she grabbed her glass.

"Heavens help us." Davina murmured. "bē ēngenka."

"Kostilus." Aemond answered.

"Perhaps." Davina repeated. "You are too much like me." Aemond smiled kissing her cheek. "Viserys skipped his mischievous gene and passed it on to you."

"Did you ask her?" Draeya questioned and Haenry slumped down in his seat.

"No." Aemond corrected.

"Great, best time to do so over dinner with everyone." Draeya agreed.

"What?" Davina countered. She looked to Harwin.

"I know nothing.' Harwin corrected kissing her cheek.

"How am I to make Draeya fall in love with me when she is clearly into the unfortunate one eyed look. She should be thanking me if anything." Luke murmured.

"I cant marry them. I love Haezel. I will wed Haezel. I know it!" Jace whimpered back.

"Cookie for my sugar." Aegon declared handing the plate to Vaera.

"Way to my heart." Vaera agreed leaning into him.

"I was thinking another trip to the citadel." Helaena remarked. "They found a new-"

"Was it your spiders roaming the castle?" Davina countered

"Ummm" Helaena averted her eyes.

"Helaena how many times must I tell you no spiders! Im going to burn the fucking castle." Davina grumbled.

"Burning is your style." Daemon agreed. Davina glared back at him. As Viserys was carried in on his throne delivered to the table, his family rose out of respect as he was sat down again before them at the head of the table.

''How good it is... to see you all tonight... together.'' Viserys said looking around at all this children and grandchildren.

''Prayer before we begin?'' ALicent offered.

''Yes.'' Viserys agreed as they held hands

''May the Mother smile down on this gathering with love. May the Smith mend the bonds that have been broken for far too long. And to Vaemond Velaryon, may the gods give him rest." Alicent said clearly before looking up at Daemon.

"May the Gods also give our enemies a long and painstakingly dreadful death. So that no one ever dares to make the same betrayal." Davina added with a smile.

"That was wonderful mama" Draeya told her

"I try." Davina agreed trailing a hand down Harwin's back.

''This is an occasion for celebration, it seems. My grandsons, Jace and Luke, will marry their cousins, Baela and Rhaena, further strengthening the bond between our houses. A toast to the young Princes... and their betrothed". Viserys declared

''Hear, hear!''

"Not if I have anything to say about that." Haezel muttered.

''Well done, Jace. You'll finally get to lie with a woman.'' Aegon sniggered ''You'll be great. You do know how the act is done, I assume? At least in principle? Where to put your cock and all that.'' Aegon went on.