Chapter 4- Hotel

CARTER POV

"Mmm," the bright lights bounce off the walls as I open my eyes, blinding me.

My head is throbbing so fucking hard as if I drank two bottles of vodka and smashes my skull into a semi. Shutting my eyes again, a little voice tries to tell me something.

When I met you...

In that hotel room...

"Alright," I sit up almost gagging on my phlegmy throat. Shit, I do not feel fucking good.

Calling me now instead of yesterday was a blessing, not it's going to rub it in all over again. Sarah must be exhausted from doing everything the past twenty-four hours.

I stand up from the lumpy couch and lose my balance for a moment. I must have been out cold, my eyes blur and then recompose.

The bathroom looks unused, has she not been in here?"

Normally, she takes a shower the first or second day we get somewhere one is available. She will most likely take one later.

There is no note or text from her, yet. It worries me a bit, but I know she woudn't have gone far without saying something.

I stare at my reflection, curding myself not to be more careful.

Could tell you were...

"Such bad news" her voice whispers.

I tare my eyes away and splash cold water on my face, instantly feeling better. Taking a piss then finding black jeans with a white tee. My go-to for shit I don't care about.

My hair is pretty long now, longer then I have ever had it before. I don't mind the length, but it is in the way sometimes and I hate the way it wraps around my neck when I sleep.

My girl said I could use her hair ties, but hers are too girly. I am a man and I want my own. There is no need to get lice or some shit.

Yeah, they are going to look the same. But I want dark ones that blend into my hair, she doesn't have those.

This will have to do, I find a grey one on the counter and pull my hair back as Sarah taught me to do. Her teaching skills aren't that great, but she did say it would take practice.

Walking out of the bathroom, I see a bag and a note attached to it. I must have missed it as I went to the bathroom.

I pick up the note, "went to get coffee down the street, join me when you can."

"Also, there are hair ties, ice cream, and fried pickles, enjoy!" I toss the note and look in the freezer, little ice cream cups covered the entire thing.

I take one from the freezer and look in the bag on top, there are hair ties and fried pickles in two large bags. One og the bags looks dented in, she must have had those last night.

The ice cream cup has a wooden spoon on the inside of the lid, how cute!

Grabbing my phone and wallet, I walk out to go find my girlfriend and get some coffee. The guy I saw yesterday is in the same place as before, but this time there is an older man speaking to him.

He doesn't look old, but way older than I am. Maybe in his mid to late forties? The guy seems to be tuning out everything the older one is saying, he keeps nodding when there is nothing being said.

I don't want to bother them with any questions to find a coffee shop around here, Sarah didn't tell me where she was getting coffee. She does that sometimes, thinking I can read her mind as the entity can.