Chapter 8- Revenge | Part One

CARTER POV

She was right... we got caught and I am to blame. Sarah knew there was going to be security at the house, but I didn't listen.

Now we are at a crossroads with the law. Cops are everywhere on the ground, Sarah is still in the house while I made it out through the basement window.

Before the cops searched the property, I heard a commotion from the front of the house. I was looking around the dusted living room while Ms.Psychic was playing house with a young boy who had lost his mother.

She knew better than to mess with that shit while on a job, the entity was here with us and chose to get me out and not her. A stupid mistake that was, she has the money bag and I don't.

Everything in my body and soul is telling me to go in the house and get her out of there, but I know the rules. They are simple rules to get us out of trouble and back to safety for the time being.

It doesn't help that she cut off communication with me. Her phone is off, her psyche is tuned down, and the entity is gone leaving me to fend for myself. If I am correct, the police saw the car on the way in here.

There is a secluded parking area about one mile away from here. That is where the car is, Sarah and I were going to walk back... Of course, she had to stop and smell the roses, not literally.

I take a look around, there are woods leading from the back of the house. Not seeing anyone back there yet, I can make a run for it. If I get caught in the light I can easily be shot or chased, then it would be harder to escape.

With the entity's energy and possession, I can make it back to the car and the hotel. However, since it is not here with me at this very moment, there is a chance I won't make it back fully.

Fuck, the rules are engraved in my mind. Sarah and I came up with them and the demon approved them not really caring what happens to us. She would want me to follow the rules, I can do this... All I need to do is get to the car and it will be easier from there.

All of this is wrong... There shouldn't have been police here, this many at least. Taking a few more seconds to look around, there are at least six officers and two dogs here. This place must be special, there wouldn't be people here otherwise.

I see two talking by the squad cars pulled up in the driveway. Another two searched around the outside of the house with flashlights. One is in a squad looking at something on his computer, the light from the screen illuminating his face. The other officer I lost, but I assume he went into the house. He was standing near the door when I got out of the basement and ran to the tree line on the left side of the house.

Okay, there is a clear line to run to the other side if I keep to this tree line until I get further down. I know there is a dirt path leading to the main road over on the other side. If I can get there without being caught, I will be free for now.