Chapter 13- Friends

"We have to break the window to get in," Carter says as he taps on the window like an idiot.

I roll my eyes. We have a perfectly good candidate to unlock the doors from the inside of the car. All we need is to convince her to do it.

Jenna doesn't seem to want to help us rescue the car. She sits back and watches our debate over the matter. Her bright features are now prominent in the peripheral of my eyes sight.

"Carter, your mom can open it." This gets her attention, she doesn't want him to know she is still here, "Jenna, let's go."

My wrist burns for a second, her nails gid deep leaving a small red mark. I scoff, "you pinched me."

"No." I interrupt Carter, "not you, your mom did."

His eyes slide open in realization she is here. He questions himself, talking out loud in the wind. I can tell Jenna, is not impressed with his skills in the paranormal.

"Carter, she will open the door for us." I glance at Jenna standing beside the driver's side door and the power from my flashlight goes out, "see."

The click sounds from the bottom of the car and then the handle moves slightly. It takes another minute to hear the click to open it, she feels weak next to me when she comes back from inside the car.

Carter opens the door and sees the keys on the passenger side seat. He grabs them and spins them in his hand. Smiling like a goof, my boy's eyes light up when he sees me looking at him.

"Thank you," he says to me.

I shake my head, "say thank you to your mom."

"Oh right, thank you mother for opening the door." His awkward grievance was good enough for Jenna to leave. She was ready a while ago, her energy leaving once he said goodbye to her.

"Babe," I hear him call me. He points to the other seat, I didn't know he got in the car.

I jog over to the other side and hop in. Carter moves the seat back a bit making himself more comfortable.

Clicking the seatbelt in, he drives out of the tree line and back onto the main road. Then as we drive off, I see a purple and blue light hanging out in the trees. Knowing it could be a trap, I ignore it.

The entity always playing games with us... It is the portal, where it comes and goes from if not by a living person.

We get back to the hotel in no time, it is pretty late and I am exhausted. Jenna really did use my energy, I should not have let her. The entity is going to be pissed after I just regained a lot of it back.

Carter's phone rings as we walk through the doors. He answers it, "hello?"