Chapter 23- Only Angel

14 months ago

The birds chirp outside of the car doors in the trees above us. The morning sun starts to peak in between the trees and rocks, heat warms my face.

Texas is a nice place to be if you hate the cold. Nice summer nights in Minnesota is the version of winter here in Texas.

Butterflies are slowly making their way back up north and I feel delighted to be in the presence of one. It is a small little thing, hopefully, it will make it up north.

Carter moves in his seat and knocks over the bottle of water from the cup holder. He doesn't seem to notice it when it clashes on the ground. Stirring, he opens his eyes to look at me and then closes them again.

We had a fight last night and it didn't end well for him. The entity took my side as always. I don't know why it does that... Carter was in the right, but I am stubborn.

I was upset that he wanted to drive through the night and get to Utah before morning. He said it was a better idea because we could check into the hotel a day early and I thought it was a bad idea because it would waste gas... I know my validations were stupid and didn't make sense.

There was a bad feeling about driving at night and I couldn't shake it. The entity kept putting images of Carter's head but off in the middle of the night if we went, so I kept arguing with him.

Carter yelled at me and left the car. Walking off to the nearest gas station to get a new pack of cigarettes because he smoked them all during our fight. I yelled at him about that too.

When he was gone pouty down the street, I took the time to talk with the entity. It showed up in a black mass and kept me from moving anywhere. I welcome it into my mind and body pulling all of my safety walls down to make room.

Once it settled in, it pulled my eyes back and I fell into a trap. Taking the reins from me, the entity clouded my vision until I could see nothing, but darkness around me.

Hot spots rang across the waves of sound going through me. I can tell that we are moving somewhere from the chills in my arms.

We were transported to another area, it lets me have a peak out and we are on a city block. This town isn't small, but it isn't a metro city.

Purple and blue lights flowed through the city. Its power was growing each step we took, I then fell back into my mind.

The entity did whatever it needed to and I was set forth back in the car. Carter still wasn't back yet and the time was one in the morning.

He left around ten pm. He should have been back by now. I started to leave the car to look for him, but I was pushed back by the entity.