Chapter 26- Kauai

We are almost to the dock where we are to pick up the money from a man, Jonathan told me about. He said it was vital that we pick up the money before we leave on the boat.

Twenty minutes until three and we leave at four-thirty sharp. We have more than enough time to get the money and get to the boat before then. However, there is not a lot of room for error if there is any.

The dock is fifteen minutes away as the boat is twenty from the dock, if we get there at three-fifty five, we can make it on time. Jonathan is driving a little over the limit and there is little to no traffic along the back roads.

He chose this route so cops or other cars won't be tracking us. I am not sure what he means by that, but I am not complaining. The sooner we leave, the better.

Light green lights flash in front of us. There is a broken stop light ahead and the green light is telling us to go. The red one is the other cars from going.

Jonathan speeds up past the signs, the light begins to flash red as we go through it. Not a second later, blue and red lights open the stuff around us.

"Damn," Jonathan pulls over to the side of the road.

The police officer slides over behind us and parks his car. Quickly, Jonathan does the same but he takes his seat belt off.

"What are you doing?"

He reaches down by his feet and grabs something from his shoe. A knife is being placed in my lap, wrapped in a washcloth.

No answer from Jonathan, I take the knife and place it under my lap just in time. The officer walks up to the car and stops in the back. He checks out the trunk door and then continues to walk up to the driver's side window.

Jonathan slides his sunglasses on his head, "stay quiet."

Don't need to tell me twice, I can't feel a single thing.

He rolls down the window and the officer smiles. He looks to be in his late twenties... never good for anyone.

"Good afternoon, do you know why I pulled you over?" Straight to the questions.

Jonathan answers, "no, officer."

The time is three-forty-two, seven minutes until we need to be at the dock to get the money. We added another minute from this situation.

"You ran the intersection down there," as a matter of fact, he did not.

Jonathan shifts in his seat, "the light was green when I got to it. It turned red when I was about halfway through."

Damn it, he shouldn't have said anything and taken the ticket. We will be gone in an hour, the boat is waiting for us.