Chapter 19- Some Nights

Hey, there is information in this chapter that I am not entirely familiar with. I have researched for hours on this topic and did my best on getting the correct information. If you know the information is wrong, let me know and I will fix it.  It is brief and short, so I don't think it is very wrong and most likely not come up again. 

CARTER POV

"Are you sure that this is how she did it?"

We are sitting in the waiting room kind of far in the back. The nurses won't let us in to see either of them, so we resorted to sitting out here for now.

When James was in the hospital for those three months and more, Sarah and I went to the hospital to see if she could contact him. I can't remember why or how it worked, but she contacted him.

It was something that she did for the first time and she was also surprised that it worked. Teaching someone, a baby psychic, how to do something that you have never done is exhausting. I really need to smoke, right now.

My chest starts to get itchy and I feel a nagging feeling form. My eyes wander off around me, I hope she would take a break soon. Belle is determined to contact her, once I told her that this could work she said she would do it.

"Yes, but I don't know how." She closes her eyes again and focuses on calling out for Sarah, "Sarah, can you hear me?"

Another fifteen seconds pass by and nothing. I don't think this is going to work, but that is a good thing.

29 Months Ago

I stare up at the ceiling in my room. My dad left for a business meeting out of town a few days ago and will be back tomorrow.

It's been nice not to have him around as much, he is always bragging to me about school and what girl I should marry. He isn't fond of Courtney, she is a nice girl.

Courtney can be a bitch sometimes, but she has good intentions. Her brother is literally in a coma, she has shit to bitch about. Nonetheless, she has no idea why and no one does, but she thinks that Sarah has something to do with it.

I hate that she hates Sarah, Sarah is a sweet girl with demons in her closet... Seriously she does, but Sarah has always been nice.

Last night, she and I went to the hospital to contact James and she was able to. It was fascinating to see her actually do it. She has done it with my mom, but someone who is in a coma is amazing.

I need to smoke. I leave the bed and walk over to my bag on the desk by the door. I grab it and walk to the back deck. It is still cold out, but I have been feeling warm.

I don't need a jacket or gloves for this. I step out onto the deck with no shoes and pull up a chair. I get my grinder and lighter out.