CHAPTER ELEVEN

CHAPTER ELEVEN - A TOKEN AND A GRUDGE.

RATING 18+. [mentions of grooming, pedophilia and references to abuse].

Joel didn't discern what came over his mind when he assuredly travelled his way towards Seth's home

Joel didn't discern what came over his mind when he assuredly travelled his way towards Seth's home. Feasibly, Tommy was right, when Joel begins to care for someone, he would begin to concern for them behind the scenes before he would forwardly display his tender emotions for them openly.

Joel Miller was one of the most important people in the society, he held power when he walked, whenever he spoke, and whenever he was silent. His pressuring and threatening stance was enough to cause uneasiness and cowardice within other people, in addition to his brute strength, there are rows of people who would never want to be at the end of Joel's fist.

He stood in front of the closed wooden entry, his emotions strong and self-righteous. Knocked on the door at least three times, strong and intense enough to make Seth hurry to open the door, astounded to who stood tall opposite him, Seth immediately allowed the Miller man to enter his home, still distracted to why he was here.

"Joel, what brings you here?" Seth respectfully questioned as he closed the door.

Quiet as he prepared his dispute, there was disappointment on Joel's face that displayed to Seth that the reason why the Miller man was in his home was not for a pleasant reason.

"What's your issue with Isabella?"

An automatic scoff was released through Seth's opening, he was in disbelief on how easy the woman was able to get people on her side. Yet, the glimpse on Joel's face strictly declared to Seth that he wasn't here to express mirth with him.

"With respect, sir, I don't think the conflict between Isabella and I has anything to do with you," he hastily defended himself.

"As your authority, it does, the woman has gone and left her children---"

"Ha! As much as she is a deviant jezebel, she's also negligent and irresponsible."

Joel pointed his finger towards Seth, furious and frenetic by the choice of words Seth bestowed. "I dare you to say anything negative about her again or make her bothered once more," his voice pitch thick with acrimony and resentment. "You will qualm it, I swear," he seethed with animosity as he pulled his finger down.