CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE

CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE - SAVED BY THE BELL.

Two days had passed when Joel returned to Isabella, she had been up all night, frustrated a she had suffered in fear as she had been sat in a puddle of anticipation

Two days had passed when Joel returned to Isabella, she had been up all night, frustrated a she had suffered in fear as she had been sat in a puddle of anticipation. Everyone who had known of the circumstance had been uptight, paranoid and anxious as if the slightest movement would lead everyone who had not been an accomplice find out that Isabella Rosalind had killed Rowan Sparke.

Isabella had feared they'd have to leave Jackson, and Joel had been reticent ever since he entered the bedroom and pulled off his boots. Curious, Isabella sat up straight, eyes focused on her partner who had peeled off his outside clothing before she spoke. "What did you do with the body?" Isabella questioned and tired, Joel waved her off.

"It's best if you don't know," he said.

"It was my crime," Isabella argued as she pulled her legs off the bed, with a sigh, Joel pressed his hand against his face, before he entered Isabella's bedroom, he had made sure that he had not missed a speck of blood fore he returned back to the gated community.

He had sat next to her, aware of the guilt that had radiated from his girlfriend. "What about Mrs. Sparke?" Isabella inquired. "She's been looking for him for the past two day, she's worried he's run off."

With a brief shrug, Joel pulled off his socks. "It's best if we stuck to that story," Joel shortly replied and with a frown, Isabella folded her arms.

"Well, thank you," Isabella said and as he looked her way, Joel crossed his fingers together.

His serious look had made Isabella suck in her breath in worry, he had never looked at her that way, even though they've had moments of conflict, this expression Joel had on his face was stern and cold. "Promise me," he said. "Promise me you will not kill anyone else in Jackson."

"I promise," Isabella rapidly pronounced. "I---I don't know what I was thinking aside from avenging Ivy."

Comprehensive, Joel laid on the bed. Exhausted from the procedure that involved Rowan. Still adamant to speak, Isabella peeled her lips open but Joel raised his hand, his motion of symbol of his tiredness. "We should go to sleep," he said and with a tight lip, Isabella returned her full body against her cot and laid next to him.

❊❊❊

Unsure, Ellie had been still when she had watched Venus sleep walk, unsure of what to do when she had realised that Venus had aimed for the kitchen, Ellie's nerves eventually reflexed when she had noticed that the youngest Rosalind had aimed for the knife.

"Shit!" Ellie called out in shock, as she had used the bottle of water in her hand to throw the cold liquid against Venus' figure. As she had gasped, Venus blinked numerous of times, her first reflex was to attack who had sprayed her, yet Ellie had been quick and jumped backwards. "What is wrong with you?" Ellie cried out and embarrassed, Venus pulled a strand of her curly hair behind her ear.