CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT

CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT - WHITE ORCHIDS.

RATING - G+ [FLUFF AND ANGST].

Ellie had stayed the entire night at the Rosalinds, she wasn't one to eat much but the anxiety she had felt while she had sat down to eat breakfast with Ivy and her mother---had commenced her to stuff large portions of food in her mouth

Being the keen woman she was, Isabella had looked from Ellie to Ivy, from Ivy to Ellie, suspicious to why the tension between the two girls was acute and fervent. With her eyebrows knitted down, Isabella had gently gripped the body of the fork she had held between her digits ere she asked them the question that had bubbled in her mind.

"Is everything okay? Something feels different...weird," Isabella questioned and forcible, the two teenage girls had looked at each other before Ivy twisted to look at her mother, her expression stiff and awkward.

"Everything's fine mum," Ivy muttered out; and in disbelief, Isabella pulled her back to press against the carefully wooden designed chair that had been gifted to her from Maria, the matriarch's expression doubtful of the answer her eldest child had given her.

Quickly reticent, Isabella had put down her single cutlery while she had gently sucked her teeth in brisk ponder. "I don't believe that," Isabella responded, "did something happen between the two of you?"

Fluctuant, Ivy gently breathed through her nose, clearly not bugged enough to continue her mother's curious discussion. "No, nothing happened between the two of us---"

"Well, did something happen with someone else---"

"Gosh mum!" Ivy tiredly cried out, "nothing happened, you're probably overthinking it."

Surprised by Ivy's random outburst, Isabella had raised the both of her eyebrows, her gut had now screamed that something had happened but the woman had thought it would best to question her daughter when it was a better time. Awkward, Ellie had lightly shrivelled up in her seat, by the corner of her eyes the Williams girl had noticed that Ivy had done the same, she had been embarrassed by her manners and had now slowly played with her food.

"I'm sorry," Ivy lowly muttered and with a hum, Isabella had accepted Ivy's amend and had focused her attention towards the two girls who had loudly made their way down the wooden stairs, even though Venus and Scarlett had made a ruckus with their sound, Isabella had found it quite nice that their content energy had trampled against the recent bitter aura; and with kind emphasis, the Rosalind matriarch had greeted them before they had sat down against the empty seats.

❊❊❊

Comfortable on her seat on the sofa, the television that Joel had brought them a couple of days back had lowly played in the background, Ivy's eyes had been stuck on the wide screen while she could feel her mother attempt to read her mind, thus, with the edges of her eyes, she could see her mother rub her thumb and fingers against each other, her eyes narrowed as she unsuccessfully hid her spy mission.