CHAPTER THIRTY

CHAPTER THIRTY - MUMMY DEAREST.

RATING - 18+ [MENTIONS OF MURDER/DEATH AND SEXUAL ASSAULT].

With Dina behind him, Joel had quickly stormed into the café, alert and clutched to what he would find in front of him, carefully, Dina had locked the café behind her while the Miller man had strode towards the three women who were on their floor ...

With Dina behind him, Joel had quickly stormed into the café, alert and clutched to what he would find in front of him, carefully, Dina had locked the café behind her while the Miller man had strode towards the three women who were on their floor and had frantically cleaned the blood that had been splattered and spilled against the wooden ground.

Aware of the deceased body that had laid stiff and gently grey beside them, disturbed, Joel placed his hand against his forehead as he quickly eased himself to help with the situation. "What happened?" Joel questioned, capsized of their current circumstance.

Just as overturned, Isabella hadn't replied to her lover, but had turned to her child, her knuckles red and angry, slender fingers locked around the abused sponge. "How comes you didn't tell me?" Isabella questioned and as much as spilled Isabella had sounded, Isabella was principally not angry at her daughter for being sexually assaulted but had been frantic that Ivy had seemed to never plan to tell her of what had happened.

"I wasn't ready yet," Ivy truthfully replied, "and I knew that if you found out you'd react crazy---"

"Of course, I'd react crazy I'm your mother!" Isabella yelled dismayed, her eyes overturned and toppled, Ivy could see with the flare of her mother's nose that she was on the verge of taking upon an action that she'd soon regret, but quickly, Isabella had dropped her shoulders while she had shakily taken in a deep breath, Joel and Dina hastily exchanged looks as they briskly understood the base of the entire issue.

Empathetic, Joel had brought himself closer to them and placed his hand against Isabella's shoulder, as a sign of concern and responsibility. "I'll help hide the body, continue cleaning the shop and open the café tomorrow and act like nothing has happened."

Reticent, Isabella reached for Joel's hand, her eyes pained but comprehensive of Joel's direct, and as she had slowly brought herself to her feet, the Rosalind woman had let go of her lover's hand and echoed his command.

❊❊❊

5TH OF JANUARY 2022

Worried, Isabella had watched her husband hold the letter he had received from the Ophanim, with her nails in her mouth, the wife had attempted to use all her strength to not bite them all off, ever since what happened in the hospital, Kai and Isabella had been reluctant to leave the Oraphim Community, they had lived in fear and averse, and lastly obedience.

On the bright side, Isabella had become healthier, she was able to walk and do everything she feared she wouldn't have been able to do on her almost death bed, on the other hand, Kai had wished he wasn't so stupid, how he wished he listened to his wife ere he dug too deep into the Oraphim belief; anxious, Kai had peeled the letter open, as much as he had tried to put on a strong and brave front, Kai's fingers had weakly shaken in caution.