CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO

CHAPTER THRITY-TWO - DINA.

It did not take long for the doorbell to be pressed again, to take away the exhaustion of having to get up on her feet once more, Venus took the opportunity to do the chore for her mother and had slid to the side of her seat as she spoke

It did not take long for the doorbell to be pressed again, to take away the exhaustion of having to get up on her feet once more, Venus took the opportunity to do the chore for her mother and had slid to the side of her seat as she spoke. "I'll open it," she said, followed by Isabella telling her to be careful.

As she reached for the door-handle, Venus pulled the door open and laid her eyes upon the new guests that involved Tora; innocent towards the circumstance between her mother, Joel and Tora. Venus turned to look back at where her mother was. "It's Tora," she called just as she invited him in, Joel had then muttered something under his breathe ere he shared a look with his partner.

"At this point it'll be a full house," Tommy smiled and as Tora thanked the younger girl for allowing him in, other people laughed at the comment Tommy had made while Tora revealed the dessert he had brought for the event.

It was a Moroccan dessert, a type of Lemon Cake that had easily infatuated Isabella.

Tora took place next to Maria and he had happened to speak about Mrs. Sparke. "She's been hysterical," Tora explained and with her bottom lip tucked behind her teeth, Isabella focused on taking a slice from the cake Tora had brought.

"As she should," Esther joined. "From what I heard; Rowan was last seen drunk before he went missing."

Awkward as the air could get, Ellie gently held Ivy's hand under the table, reticent as she attempted to reassure her girlfriend.

"Well then," Maria said. "If he has actually gone missing, I'll send men to look for him."

Supportive, Isabella nodded her head. "That'll be the best thing to do."

❊❊❊

It had been an hour before the count down, Isabella had pushed everyone outside the house to begin a bon fire, a tradition she used to do when she was Rosa, something she used to do with her sister, a piece of memory from her past she truly loved.

She had instructed everyone to write down their resolutions before burning them, and presently, Joel and Isabella had been together, writing down what they had wanted to achieve in the future and curious, Joel had tried to look over her shoulder, suspicious on what she had wanted. "What are you writing?" Joel asked and secretive, Isabella gently pulled away from him.

"It is supposed to be a secret," she grinned and smiley, Joel looked at his paper before he returned his sight to her. "And in that way, keeping the resolution a secret would make it more true."

"I will tell you mine, if you tell me yours," Joel kindly suggested and as Isabella laughed, she gently bounced her shoulders.

She had looked thoughtful. "Never heard of that before," she said as Joel wrapped his arms around her waist. She could feel how his lower body pressed against hers and Isabella couldn't help but give in.