𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 6

♪ It's fine, yeah it's cool
Not like I wanna make a move ♪

Leah Dupont POV

I went inside and my blood was boiling, I'm glad she wasn't there or I swear I would commit a crime without thinking twice. Pascale gave me a small smile and I sat by her side again.

"I was blocked on their phones" I say and she is surprised.

"How did that happen? That can't be a mistake" Pascale says confusedly.

"Charlotte, that's what happened. That little bitch. She is messing with the wrong person, I got vindictive once I had to leave everything behind thanks to her" I say and she listened carefully.

"What did she do? Can you tell me?" She asks and I let out a deep breath.

"She made my life a living hell. She always appeared when I and Charles were hanging out, she made it seem like a coincidence. She was tracking his phone, I know it. She made sure to be all over him, she kissed him while keeping her eyes open and looking at me. She smirked and she insulted me every time we were alone in the same room. She told me I would never be good enough for him, sent me texts saying I should give up and kill myself" I say and Pascale's eyes fill with water, and so do mine.

"You are more than enough darling. Charles would leave her in a heartbeat if you told him. You shouldn't have gone through that, you were already going through a difficult time. I hate her even more now, she is miserable" Pascale says angrily.

"I will get my payback, I made up my mind. She will go through every single thing she made me go through" I say definitely focused on it. She should learn not to mess with people's heads.

"Does that mean you will be my daughter-in-law? I like it" Pascale says and I see the happiness on her face.

"No! No. We are not meant for that. If we were Giada and Charlotte wouldn't be a thing, I made my peace with it" I say and she laughs like it was a really good joke. Am I missing something?

"You were definitely meant for that, you were kids, you were scared to lose each other but I'm glad you finally admit that you wanted it, you always denied it when people asked" She says and I shake my head a bit embarrassed.

"I only talked about it with Arthur, he was my shoulder to cry on about my stupid crush on Charles until he got with Giada. I understood my place when they got together" I say and she gets quiet as they get in from the balcony.

"You misunderstood your place darling. You were his number one and you will always be. He would kill anyone if it meant saving you. Stop underestimating yourself" She whispers before getting up and going to the bathroom.

"Your girlfriend is calling" I say as I saw him coming in my direction with the phone in his hand.

"Can we go around 12?" He asks and I nod.

"Yeah but if she coincidentally shows up I'm out" I say and he gives me a smile.

"Don't worry, she won't show up" He says before leaving the room.

I stayed in the living room, I got up and made something fast for them to eat and got dressed. I had some old clothes there but they would be good enough. I went to the living room and see Charles in the entrance hall seeing his hair in the mirror, he was nervous.

"Can we go or do you need more time?" I ask and he turns around quickly.

"I'm fine, let's go" He says opening the door and we leave to the garage so we could get in his car. The trip was quiet but it's a 10-minute ride, so it wasn't that awkward.

"Leah! It's so good to see you, I thought something had happened, Charles said you left" I hear Sarah say as soon as she sees us sitting at the table. She is the owner of the restaurant, she has seen us come here for years, sometimes with our families and a lot of times just us.

"I'm alive, there is nothing to worry about" I say smiling as she hugs me happily.

"It was still a bit depressing seeing Charles coming here alone once a month" She says giving us the menu and leaving.

"You came here alone?" I ask and he nods nonchalantly.

"It was a tradition, I wasn't going to break it Leah" He says putting the menu down and I nod.

"I'm sorry for that, but I'm not sorry for leaving. I did what I had to do" I say being honest because I had to protect myself from my own thoughts.

"I missed you. I tried calling, I tried texting, I tried emailing, I even begged your parents for help. I went into desperation wondering what I might've done. I know Charlotte must've done some shit but I swear I didn't know. I never suspected her until now, I'm really sorry for being so blinded" He says and I see the honesty in his eyes, he is pure, a genuinely pure person.

"She is evil, but I'm worse now. I am not weak anymore, she can't break me. You are in the middle, and that won't go well for you. You will have to make a serious choice and I'm not one to give ultimatums, if I have to make you choose then it's not worth it, that's why I never made you do that" I say and his eyes lock on mine.

"I choose you. Day and night, I will choose you, Leah. I am just dumb, you know it. I believe people are all good and I get fucked" He says and Sarah comes back to take our orders.

She puts her hand on Charles's shoulder like she was giving him some strength, she smiled at me and left. I can't believe this is the same person who once tried to set me up with her son so Charles would feel jealous. Sarah is something else.