𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 9

♪ Want your body all to myself
It's not like I'm losing my head
Thinking 'bout you in my bed ♪

Charles Leclerc POV

As soon as I opened the door Charlotte entered the house but I wasn't about to make the same mistake I did this morning. I stopped her before she could go to the balcony. We got into arguing and now the room is silent. I got caught by surprise by her question. Nobody could be Leah, that was true.

"Nobody can be Leah, nobody can go back in time and grow up with me. Nobody can watch every race I did and support me even when I lost. Leah is irreplaceable. People can't get me the way she does. She is not perfect, she is human but I was there for her and she was there for me. I can't forget that for a relationship with you or whoever. I would choose Leah. You just needed to be straightforward and talk to me. This was our problem, not hers" I say and tears start rolling down her cheeks.

"You would choose her, I would never give you that chance. If she left then it meant you weren't worth it. You need to realize that you would get burned for her but she would run away from the fire if she knew you were there" She says trying to touch my face and I shove her hand away again.

"That is not Leah. You don't know her, or our friendship. That is a lie Charlotte. She would get me out of the fire before you had a chance to stop her" I say and she looks down at the floor.

"Chose me. 2 years can't be something in vain" She says getting closer and I shake my head.

"Give me some time. You are not my priority right now. If you make me choose right now, you won't like it. Let me be" I say and she reluctantly nods.

"I will give you some time. I would like an answer after Christmas. You have two weeks" She says turning away.

"Goodbye Charlotte, take care" I say and close the door. As I get on the balcony I see my brothers on their chairs and Leah was having a new beer, leaning on the rail of the balcony and looking at the view while drinking.

"I need to go to the bathroom" Lorenzo says getting up and Arthur also gets up.

"I have to make a call" He says following Lorenzo and I knew it was on purpose.

"I'm sorry you heard her, she is being spiteful. Don't listen to it" I say leaning by her side.

"I would get in the fire for you, I really would. She was crossing so many boundaries, I got too tired to handle it quietly. Seeing her was almost giving me panic attacks, she is an awful person" She says without even looking at me.

"I know you would. She likes to talk but she doesn't know us. I'm sorry you went through it alone" I say and put my hand on her back as some type of comfort.

"Thank you for believing me" She says finally looking at me and I see her glazed eyes.

"Don't cry Leah. I'm really sorry but I would believe you over anyone, you should know it" I say and I open my arms, she puts the beer down and hugs me.

"I need to go inside. I'm sorry" She says and quickly leaves. Lorenzo comes back a few seconds later with a confused look.

"What happened? Why was Leah crying?" He asks worriedly, I feel uneasy now.

"I didn't saw her crying. She said she had to leave" I say preparing to go inside.

"Don't go. She is with Arthur, they are talking. Give her some space" He says and I nod a bit more relieved.

"I didn't do nothing wrong, I swear" I say and he shrugs.

"I know, but she just came back, she is under a lot of stress, it's her second day here and all these things are happening. Maybe old feelings are coming back, I don't really know" He says taking a dip of his beer and I nod.

"Old feelings coming back? That's another level of stress" I say contemplating my own feelings for the last hours.

"Jesus Christ. You don't love Charlotte" He says enthusiastically.

"I don't think I ever did. Giada told me I would do it again unless I made something out of it" I say frankly and he is surprised.

"So... You loved Leah while you were with Giada, she tried to make you forget Leah and failed because you were with Leah every day, then you two broke up because of that and you chickened out so you got with Charlotte who made Leah's life a living hell. Now we are here, your feelings for Leah are here clearly" He says recapitulating everything and I just nodded.

"Maybe it's nothing. I will be content with her friendship" I say and he smiles.

"Well, I think you two can finally go ahead and have more than a friendship. She didn't deny still liking you. She said she had a few dates and hookups, and regarding her feelings, she only mentioned knowing the place she held in your life. I think she still likes you too. I can't wait for your stubborn asses to finally be together" He said excitedly while I listened carefully to his reasoning.

"I don't think we should do that. But time will tell me how I feel about her" I say and he asks me about Sarah and the restaurant so we were able to change the subject and I felt better like that. I just wanted to know what her and Arthur were talking about.

-----------------

Hello!

Max's story is ending in the next chapter, and I decided that I will publish Lando's story that's almost finished, it's called "Not The Only One", and it will be posted on Wednesdays and Sundays, just like the others. The first chapter was published as we speak.

I hope you are liking this story and the others I have going on, I appreciate all the support, votes, comments, and messages I've received. I can't believe how amazing you all are.

I love you all and if you need anything or have some requests for a future story, or some ideas, please talk to me, I'm friendly I swear.

Be safe and let's keep in contact