Chapter 50 : Guttural Gunfire

V's POV 

Halting in my movement, I look at Johnny as he Materializes leaving against the kitchen counter as I contemplate what he said 'What if he's selling you out?' 

"Fuck, Looks like im getting Johnny's Paranoia" I mutter under my breath as Johnny shakes his head and Materializes away.

Moving over to the door, As soon as i put my hand on the doorknob, I hear an explosion just as the wall in front of Hanako and Takemura bursts opens and we hear Helicopter Fire and a squadron move into view and the Explosion rocks the foundation of the building causing the floor below me to cave in.

"Keep low and eyes three-sixty! They're in the hallway!" I hear Johnny Yell as he looks down at me. 

Pushing myself up I rush towards the hallway entrance and peek around the corner to see multiple 'Saka Elite's sweeping the building. Two move up the hallway just as I peek out and take four shots, two for each, It does nothing but ricochet off, forcing me to rethink my tactics. 

'Fuck, Grenades it is" 

Quickly Counting my grenade's i note I have 13 and sigh.

Throwing one quickly at the two still advancing, I wait for the explosion and peak to see them not moving and in multiple pieces. 

Moving past them I turn towards the hallway and look back and forth between the stairs back up and the exit. 

Johnny mumbles a quick "He wouldn't do it for you" before i shake my head and rush up the stairs, Slowing as i reach the top i look around for anymore 'Saka Agents and speed my steps up again as i near the blown open door of the Apartment i was in just minutes before. 

Quickly jumping over the massive hole in the floor I throw two more grenades at the agents advancing on what I assume to be Takemura's Hidey Hole Which Quickly dispatches them. Rounding the corner before more come i notice Takemura holding a single pistol and his other arm is covering a wound.

"You should not have returned! You will die here with me!" He says 

"Thank me later! Need to find a way out now  fast!"

"There are empty rooms to the right! It's our only chance!" Takemura states as we rush towards the hole's in the wall and maneuver around the misplaced rubbled and finally reach outside as I stumble and fall on the ground.

"Oh shit…"

Takemura exclaims "Be careful! We must go different ways! Alone we have a better chance!"

"Really?! Think so?!"

"Then go! Now!" He states before running off and as i lose conciseness the last thing i hear is Johnny Chuckling. 

Johnny's POV 

'Left me with the legwork, Fuckin Amateurs' 

Forcing myself up I get used to being in control before standing up and rushing away while calling V's beatup car to come pick me up.  

It rolls up and I get in and harshly slam the door, Inputting the address for a shitty Hotel I remember back in the day I drove towards it grumbling and upset the entire time.

V's POV (Few Hours Later) 

'Sitting on the bed holding a shotgun was not how i thought this day would end but here we are' 

"Think they make these motels especially for royal fuck-ups like us? AC's busted, dirty needles under the mattress, shitter's clogged… No, for real - who fuckin' comes here to sleep? We're a couple miles outside Night City... Someone leavin' town just keeps drivin’. Somebody goin' there sleeps in the damn city! What good's a motel in the middle of nowhere? I'll tell you who sleeps here. Fuckin' losers, that's who." Johnny Muses 

"Johnny?"

"Yeah?" He answers 

"Shut your gonk mouth. Please. Sayin' random shit ain't gonna help anyone" 

"How the tables have turned…" He says 

"Johnny, for cryin' out–"

"Now we're the ones sittin' around, waitin' for 'Saka assault squads to storm in. Anyone knocks, blast the fuckin' door. No warning" He cuts me off 

"And if it's Goro?"

"Who're you kiddin'? Been twenty-four hours since we split up. Complete radio silence. Rest in peace, bastard" He responds

"Saw him yourself. Even without his implants, he was a good fighter. He'll pull through" 

"Doesn't matter how good you are in Night City. On your own, you're fucked. Hear that?" He retorts

"Car"