Chapter 22

We ended up catching fishes instead.

Well, we found a lake after hours of trying to hunt. The Emperor gave up and decided to catch some fish instead using the arrows we brought.

Now he's making a fire out of the woods we gathered earlier, he said he wants to eat them here and could not wait until we get back to the castle.

He didn't really let me do anything, he just told me to sit, as if I'm a dog. Then he did everything, from catching the fish and gathering some woods.

"My lord, I think I'll be more comfortable of helping you out instead of just sitting here watching you."

Because the last time I check I'm his servant, I am meant to do things for him, now it's the complete opposite. Also, what if someone sees us? They would think I'm ordering him around.

"Just sit there, and shut your crap."

Did I mention his mouth is very rude? Like, he cursed a lot for someone who's part of the royal family. I heard they need to be polite at all cost.

I did shut my mouth again, for the fourth time today after being told. I just look down on my palm, I saw some calluses already. Well, that only means I am working very hard.

When it comes to the payment, I don't get to touch it. They would immediately send it to my family, which is nice. I don't need money after all, I have a roof above me and gets to eat food 3x a day if I'm not that busy.

I was alarmed when I heard the Emperor clearing his throat, he stood up as he finally made fire. The fish are already clean, and he used the arrows again to cook it.

"I'll help you cook–."

"Shut up."

Yeah, I just sat there quietly as he roast those fishes. He was quiet as well, didn't even utter a word, and was only focusing on getting the fish done.

After a while, it was finished and he hands one over to me. I slightly bowed my head as I accepted his offer with both hands, I feel embarrassed since I didn't even did anything to help.

"Consider this, as your rest." He said, before biting into his food.

That made me smile, so I decided to taste his cooking. It was just simple, nothing extravagant about it. It taste the same way as how you will taste a fish when its roasted.

"So, tell me." He began, "How did you get yourself in that situation."

I'm aware that he's talking about, that night where Emma completely changed how I look. And accidentally met him on the village.

I finished chewing, before answering his question. I told him the whole story, nothing more and nothing less. From the part that i was just meant to stay in her room, to when I left him that morning.

"I see... so it was not intentionally." I felt how his tone changed, it's a bit more low as if he was disappointed.

"Everything that happened that night was all just an accident. I didn't mean to pretend to be someone I'm not. I'm contented of dressing, and acting like a male–."

"It's just a yes or no question, Y/n." He cuts me off with an irritated voice.

I don't know what's up with me, I keep adding and adding more words to a simple question!

"Uhm.. pardon me for asking you this, my lord. But why.. why did you choose to bring me to the castle that day?" I was hesitant to question him, but it's something that I'm really really curious about.

I was waiting for his answer, but he never utter a word.

"My lord? I was asking–."

"Shh!" He sharply shushed me, after interrupting my words.

I frowned, "But, I was asking you–."

"Y/n, shut the fuck up!" He scream whispered, as he glance over his shoulder.

I followed where his gaze leads, and that's when I saw some eyes glowing in the dark behind him. I heard growling after that.

"Wolves." I whispered to myself.

The Emperor carefully stood up from the huge branch of tree he was sitting on earlier. He carefully went closer to me, as I face his back the whole time.

I was silent, not knowing what to do. Like, should I stand up or remain on my seat?

"Slowly began to stand up, we're going to run." He whispered.

I did what I was told, I stood up behind him, not even noticing how my hands were on top of his shoulder as I peek over to those wolves.

They slowly appeared from the dark, growling and looking at us while salivas started to fall down from their mouths.

They're hungry, alright.

"Are you ready?"

I shake my head as a response, I'm pretty sure I'll get eaten and he will just leave me there while these wolves devour me alive.

"Well, we don't have choices. The arrows aren't enough for self defense." He said, "I'm going to count 1 to 3, and when I say go, you better start running as fast as you can."

My heart was racing, I'll probably trip and die!

"1..."

I started to get even more nervous when he started counting, all I want is to get out of this forest alive.

"2.."

Biggest plot twist of my life: the Emperor is not going to be the one to kill me, these beasts will.

"3... GO!"

I was about to run as if I'm competing in a international olympics. But I was dead wrong when the Emperor suddenly lift me to the air, putting me over his shoulder as he started to run.

The wolves began to chase us, and I was beyond terrified because I was facing them.

Because of our weight and height difference, he manage to lift me up before it even hits a second. And he was running pretty fast, but these things chasing us are animals... they're catching up.

"W-why did you carry me?!" I yelled and asked.

"Because you're stupid, and you're just going to trip and die!"