Chapter 4

"Emma, I don't wanna go outside!" I refuse to her demands while I grip to her vanity as she was pulling me to go outside.

"Come on, no one will know it's you. I just wanna have a little night walk on the village."

"I've already seen the village, I lived there. Let's just stay here." I shook my head, I couldn't help not to look at myself in the mirror.

It's a complete different person on that other side of the mirror. It's not the face that I usually see, this face is so new to me. I still can't believe that this face is mine.

"Well have you seen how beautiful it is during night? You probably haven't cause you don't go out at night at all, plus I need to meet someone."

Let's say she manage to convince me after some few more begging. It sucks, but I didn't have any much of a choice. I guess I was scared of being exposed.

Emma put some of these products on my face, she calls it make up. Then she also let me borrow her new fake hair, it was long and black with full bangs. That's why I look like a complete different person.

On top of that, is this red floral kimono. It was very uncomfortable, although woman in my village wears this.. that doesn't apply for me though. Wearing it for the first time takes some adjustments to get comfortable.

Anyway, we both manage to sneak out of the castle with no hesitation. I guess Emma was already an expert to this, mentioning that she's meeting someone.. I'm assuming that it's her significant other.

It took us both to walk along the scary woods before reaching the village. And Emma was right, it is beautiful at night.. with all the lanterns and everything.

My dad always say that people in my village are happy at night, because we only have our freedom and joy during the night time. Although, I never had any intention on going out at night.. I'm just being sure about keeping my identity as a secret, I didn't want to make any mistake..

"I'm just going to talk to him over there, stay here for awhile.. I'll be back as soon as possible." She placed me beside the vendor of the lanterns.

Emma promise me that we'll take a tour, but I guess she has priorities first. So I nodded my head as an approval, while she went along her way.

I smiled when I see kids running around and playing with joy in their eyes. Well, not until my heart skipped a beat when I saw that my little brother is one of them.

I couldn't really approach him though, but I couldn't hold myself when I saw these adults drunkly walking as they bump into my little brother, causing him to fall to the ground.

I immediately ran towards him as those men started shouting at him. I even saw how my poor brother hurt his knee, he had wound when these men knock him over.

"Next time, watch where you're going you little brat!" He yelled, tipsy as he was pointing his index finger at us.

"Are you okay?" I smiled at him, when I saw his eyes.. I already knew that he couldn't recognize me. So he shyly nodded, looking away.

"If you're not a kid I would've beat the living shit out of you!" He points again.

But this time, someone grabbed his hands harshly which made him stop pointing and yelling.

"You don't yell at a woman."

My eyes widened as I looked behind me, I was surprised to see the Emperor beside that man. The man started shaking in fear as the people around us started to go back inside their houses.

The man yelled in pain as the Emperor broke both his index and middle finger, Itsuki was just next to him, watching everything.

"M-my lord, I apologize!" He almost cried in pain as the Emperor let him go. By that time, he started running away.