Chapter 15

"I'll be hiding around somewhere, so I can save you Incase that bastard decided to harm you. You don't have to worry that much." Emma said, while combing the fake hair attached to my head.

I never would've imagined seeing this face again.

I'd like to think that it's worth the risk, for everyone's peace. For their family to be free from embarrassment that the Emperor was creating.

"I'm ready for this, I'm confident that he won't hurt me. Because the Emperor truly cares for that woman." I responded, sighing afterwards.

"I guess men do fall in love in 7 seconds." Emma shrug, doing some final touches before I'm all ready to go.

"What if he forced me to stay and marry him?" I couldn't help not to wonder, what's his reaction going to be.

"I doubt that, you heard what he said the other day. All it takes is for you to tell him that you don't wanna be with him, then the search is over."

She's right, ever since that day that the Emperor has shared some moments with me. I sort of felt, that he's not that bad after all. He just had to act like one because of his grandfather.

And speaking of the Grand Emperor, I still don't have the courage to speak to him, nor see him. After knowing what he's done to his oldest son.. really creeps me out.

"Alright, you're good to go. Come, let's meet him at the garden."

***

"There he is, I'll be at the bush near you." Emma said, patting my back as she went along her way.

I took a deep breath before I start walking towards the Emperor, who's sitting there peacefully while staring at the sky.

Can I really do it? My heart my pounding so fast, I don't even know if I can speak to him normally. But I have to, a little sacrifice wouldn't hurt.

"M-my lord.." I called for him, stuttering due to my voice feeling hesitant to come out of my mouth.

His reaction was expected, he was surprised to see me of course. Which made him quickly stand up on his feet as he faced me.

"You.. you're back?" It seems like he's staring at a ghost right now. His expression is sort of funny.

"Yes, I just came here to clear some stuff with you, my lord." I gave him a smile.

He then walked closer to me, holding both of my hands as he kissed the back of my palm.

"I haven't even catch your name."

"I cannot tell you, like I said.. I just came here to clear some things with you." I refused to say my name, because I'm not prepared when it comes to coming up with a new name.

"Clear things? What do you mean?" He curiously asked.

"I've heard about you searching for me, but it must stop right now. I don't wanna be with you, my lord. I'm leaving this place as soon as this conversation was over. And I'm never coming back." I said, feeling a heavy burden in my chest.

"W-what? Why not? Look I will do everything to take care of you, I'm not going to harm you, just agree to be with me." He seems desperate, which is the first time I have ever seen this.

"You have to understand my decision, my lord. I'm not the type of person for marriage, especially to someone like you. I have so many secrets.. and I don't want to be with you."

At this point, I don't even know if my words are making sense. I just want this conversation to be over, because the longer I stay here.. the bigger chances of harm can get into my way.

"Is that really what you want?"

I nodded my head, "Yes, my lord."

"Then, can you just kiss me.. for the last time?" He requested, placing his warm palm on my cheek as he steps closer.

I nodded my head once again, agreeing to his last request. Before our lips met each other again, I felt his arms snaking to hug my waist as he pulled me closer to him.

His kisses were passionate, his touches feels like a comfort. He gave me warmth and light in this cold and dark night, it feels like I discovered a new addiction..

My eyes were closed shut, as our lips moved in sync. I can feel his heartbeat through my chest as our body was touching each other.

I never felt so loved in my entire life, I wish we could stay like this.. forever.

But I have to stop it right here, "I need to go."

My heart was telling me to stay, but that's not part of the plan. It made it even difficult for me to leave when I saw how his eyes sparkled as he stares at me.

From the time I first saw him, his eyes were always cold, dark, and empty. You will never feel any joy just by staring at him. But now, his eyes were sparkling as they look at me, I can see joy in his eyes.. and at the same time, sadness.

"Be careful, escaping this place." He whispered, placing a kiss on my forehead before he finally lets me go.

Why am I feeling a burden in my chest, a very heavy one that makes me wanna tear up?

But I need to focus on my plan, it's sad that it has to come into this. I didn't expect his reason to be like this, I also didn't expect my reaction to be like this.

But I have to go.

I gave him a last look, before turning my back on him. As I started walking away from him, it's like a heavy chain was dragging me back to him. But I must fight and resist.

But before I could even step more farther away from him, I was surprised when I saw some bunch of men with lamps.. surrounding me as they were pointing arrows at me.

"Stop!"

I glanced on my side and saw Emma coming out of the bush, she didn't expect this as well.

I couldn't move at all, I was terrified to see this amount of men pointing their arrows at me. Ready to shoot me anytime soon.

"What's the meaning of this?" The Emperor asked, walking up to me as he stood up in front of me.

"Put your damn weapons down!" Emma yelled, glaring at each men surrounding us.

"No one is allowed to put their weapons down!" A deep and loud voice was heard, as all of our attention was stolen by the man now standing in front of us.

"Grandpa, what's the meaning of this?" Emma asked, after seeing the Grand Emperor.

I was shaking, I didn't know what to do. I'm only relying to the Emperor blocking my way from getting shot.

"Shuji, get away from that traitor, now!"