Prologue

There was a time when King Viserys  Targaryen I and his brother, the Rouge Prince, Daemon Targaryen, used to have a bond that nobody was able to break

There was a time when King Viserys  Targaryen I and his brother, the Rouge Prince, Daemon Targaryen, used to have a bond that nobody was able to break. But once Viserys got the crown, and his daughter was born, Daemon noticed how busy and easy to manipulate his brother was. The members of the Council were greedy dogs, eating at his bones, manipulating him to help in their dirty works.

Daemon was not the type of person to show his care or feelings in a very open way. Most of the time he came out harsh and brutal, ending up pushing others away from him. His brother was the only one that stuck by his side in the years of his youth, and the rouge prince wanted to do the same for his brother, the now King of the Realm. 

However, the distance the crown was able to put between the two brothers became so wide, that Daemon decided to find the comfort he once got from Viserys, in the battlefield and women. As for Viserys, he found his comfort in his family, in his power and in his dreams.

As Rhaenyra grew up, as days passed she became such a beauty that she got named The Realm's Delight. Every man found the princess very attractive and wise, but sometimes her attitude was too much to handle. Wild and carefree, Rhaenyra never thought too much of her duties and responsibilities, being as happy as ever to just ride her dragon, Syrax, above the Realm. She had a loving family, a home, a great life. She couldn't wish for anything more.

However, her best friend and lady in waiting, Alicent, was not benefiting of such luxuries. Unlike Rhaenyra, Alicent lost her mother at a very fragile age, being left under the protection and guidance of her father, Otto Hightower. Always told to act like a lady, being humble and submissive, Alicent grew up to never step out of order and always listen to every word her father whispered in her ear. 

Daemon always found a piece of himself in his niece. For sure, both of them shared the same kind of fire in their hearts, the same restlessness, the same free-spirited will. No one was able to tame neither of them. Spending time with Rhaenyra, Daemon was noticeable happier. And when Daemon was happy, there were less troubles in Westeros.

The moments seemed peaceful and the weather was beautiful, with that kind of signs nobody would have expected the events that followed.

Due to a failed birth, Queen Aemma, along with her son, Baelon, died. The death of the queen crushed everybody, but the biggest impact was on Rhaenyra and Viserys. Loosing a mother was not an easy thing. Nothing could possibly prepare you for this, and Rhaenyra was not prepared for it and everything that followed after.

Some time later, King Viserys, at the consulting of the Council, decided to remarry. His chosen wife turned out to be no one other than Alicent Hightower, Rhaenyra's lady in waiting. The news felt like a punch in the face for the young princess. Feeling betrayed and overwhelmed, she refused to open up anymore in front of her father and to speak again with her once best friend. 

After four years from Viserys's and Alicent's wedding, the king decided to celebrate the returning of his brother from war. During the marriage, Alicent gave birth to three children. A pair of twins, both boys. Aegon Taragryen was the first born son, with silver hair and bright purple eyes. Baelon Targaryen was the second born son, with brown hair, like his mother, and dark purple eyes, like a Targaryen. Aegon was Visery's favorite son, while Baelon was Alicent's. Two years younger than the boys, the third child of King Viserys and Queen Alicent was a girl, Helaena, with silver hair and purple eyes.