26: Aftermath

A mistake

A mistake. That's what all it was. An incredibly stupid and foolish mistake.

Visenya groaned as she kept repeating the same sentence in her head as she got ready for the hunt of that day. After the tournament that was held the day before, it was decided that the second day of the celebration will be held as a hunt, and the third will have the big banquet.

Her attire wasn't much. A vest made of leather and dragon scales to cover it, a blue shirt, a pair of black pants and boots and a blue cloak over it, the colors of House Velarion. Her hair was braided and styled back, a few strands of hair framing her face. 

She looked at herself. From head to toe, inspecting everything about her. Until her eyes landed on her own lips. Out of instinct she brough her hand to her lips, as she touched them, the flashbacks of the night before filling her mind. 

She woke up from her daydream when a servant knocked at her door. "Everything is ready, Your Grace." Visenya nodded as she sighed. She took everything she needed and walked out of her chambers heading towards the court.

On the halls she saw Cayden Lannister walking proudly around the castle. He was puffing his chest and was holding his nose high as if he was owning the place. Visenya rolled her eyes at his attitude as she sighed.

As she was closer to the court Ser Harrold had to introduce her entrance. "Princess Visenya of House Targaryen!" The night said loudly catching everyone's attention.

When Cayden heard about the Princess, he smiled wide as he stood aside making way for her as he bowed gracefully. "A splendid morning, Your Grace." He said smiling charmingly, hoping to bewitch the young girl.  However, Visenya ignored him and walked past him not sparing a glance in his direction.

Cayden watched after the girl, wondering how someone who was told to be such a kind and warm person was so cold and silent towards him. Rumor had it that the Princess was searching for a husband and Cayden's name was on the list of suitors, so how come she wasn't approaching him? How come she was avoiding him? Was it a test?

Visenya was walking towards the court as Harrold walked next to her. "Do you believe it is wise to ignore him, Your Grace?" He asked.

The Princess continued to walk looking ahead. "I am sure he would not even give the time of the day to a clueless and mindless little Princess like me. Let us focus on the hunt." She said serious as Harrold chuckled at her answer.

The knight watched over and  took care of Rhaneyra since she was a little girl, and trained Daemon when he was younger. In Visenya, he could easily see the kindness and fairness of Rhaenyra, but also the power and strenght of Daemon. Visenya was the perfect combination between her parents, however, they all had to see if that combination was a good or a bad one.

"Seny!" Luke said as he saw his sister, running away from the horse towards her. Visenya smiled as she saw her little brother running as fast as he could towards her. She opened her arms and Luke didn't stop until he crushed into her, as she wrapped her arms around his body, catching him in an embrace.