Chapter 3: Proof

It's the next day and you are bringing in a file full of photos showing how Jesse rabbit has been playing pattycake and not with his hands, with Merlin.

As you make your way to the office of Mr. Maroon you look around to see no one is following you. It has happened because men can be quite noisy seeing a woman working a job as a P.I.

Seeing that no one is around you opened the door to see that Roga Rabbit and Mr. Maroon are inside waiting for you.

"Y/N took you long enough," Mr. Maroon says where you can't tell if it was a joke or if him being serious.

"sorry traffic, especially when Toons are driving I would like to avoid an accident, " You say to Mr. Maroon with a smile.

"I understand, Come sit," Mr. Maroon says pointing at a chair.

Roga has been looking at me with such a cheerful smile. Poor thing doesn't know why you are here.

"so do you have it?" Mr. Maroon says to you you kinda throw them on the table the photos.

"I sure do have it," You say with a cocky smirk.

Roga looks at both me and Mr Maroon confused before she says "whatcha talking about sir"

Roga's accent sounds like a mixture of Lola bunny and Minnie Mouse. She is quite adorable for a short Rabbit Toon, poor thing like her married a no good cheating bastard.

"oh lemme Introduction you both to each other, Roga this is Y/N a P.I., Y/N this is Roga Rabbit our studio star Toon," Mr. Maroon says while pointing to each person he talking about as he gives us an introduction to each person.

"A P.I.? Why did you Hire a P.I.? And what that has to do with me?" Roga asks in a confused tone.

Mr. Maroon looks at Roga before signing, but he doesn't answer her yet until he sees the proof You got him yourself. He opened the brown envelope and look through all the photos with an expression that reads a mix of Oh God and Damn it.

Mr. Maroon looks at Roga again with a sad expression before saying "I am sorry to have to tell you this Roga but Your husband Jesse hasn't been just singing at the club"

"h-huh? What do you mean?" Roga says now a bit wearier.

"Well, the reason why I hired Y/N here was to get proof that your Husband Jesse was cheating if he was. But from the looks of these photos, Y/N here took looks like he was Cheating" Mr. Maroon says holding out the photos of Jesse and Merlin in bed together playing pattycake.

Roga grabs the envelope looking through it with a face that slowly turns into morid. You can't help but feel guilty a bit for last night of finding her husband attractive.

"Why is he playing Pattycake with someone else that can't me that's something only me and Jesse do together so I thought," Roga Says with those cartoon tears filling her eyes.

"I'm sorry to tell have to go to such lengths to do this Roga, but after all the rumors and how views are dropping because of your husband I needed to have someone see if they were true or not," Mr maroon says shaking his head in disbelief.

You get up feeling a bit sad, awkward, and guilty you say "well I am sorry to leave at an hour like this I need to"

Then you see Roga going into the bar Cabinet. She picks up a bottle of Whiskey and started to chug it down causing her face to become red while hot steams are flowing out her ears.

When she drops the bottle the sound of that can be compared to a train blow whistle coming out of her mouth as she flew around the room in the air.

Mr maroon and You tried to stop Roga as she then ran out the window of Mr. Maroon's office breaking and leaving the outline of her.

"oh shoot," Mr. Maroom says looking out the window with you wondering where Roga went too while drunk.

"well sorry to be the one to say this at a time like this Mr. Maroon but I will think it's best you gave me the rest of the payment now," you say turning your body back into the office and making your way back to the chair you was sitting at.

Mr maroon gives you a face of hell and then fine while making his way to the desk drawer of his office pulling out a checkbook. He gives you the rest of the $50 in a form of a check and says, "here you go the rest of the money take it and leave."

You reach out to get the check and said "it was a pleasure doing business with cha" with a smile before turning and leaving his office.

_______________________________________

Author notes:

USD 50 during the 1940s by today's standards is equal to around $1,064~ USD. The job was for USD 100 which equals out to $2,128~ USD.

USD means United States dollars.

Happy New Year.

Thank you for reading.