Chapter 23: Mr. Maroon Murder

"So do you have the goods?" You say standing against a wall trying to hide from the mostly normal flood of people. Your looking at a newspaper pretending to read it while talking to the man.

"what do you take me for Y/N?" The man asked in a cocky tone of voice.

"an idiot," You said but in a joking way that cause the man to laugh, which caused you to roll your eyes.

"here," the man says placing down a newspaper, before standing up and leaving.

As you make sure there isn't anyone watching you, you picked up the newspaper the man had, and now quickly make your escape.

Walking a bit down the busy street, you opened the newspaper to see he left you photos of Dr. Doom and what he has been up to lately. Ever since Jesse bought up what he saw to you with how Dr. Doom acted with that mafia weasels toons, you couldn't brush past it and started to have someone else look into it for you just in case Dr. Doom was having someone following you. It will cause you to become a target for whatever plan Dr. Doom has as it stands with these photos you are looking at, he is planning something.

From the looks of it, he had been shocking up on barrels filled with something, but for what. As you kept on walking not focusing on where you walking, someone knocks on you causing the newspaper with the photos to fall on the ground. Kneeling to the ground to pick up the photos and paper, the newspaper caught your eye as the title reads 'TOONTOWN NOW BOUGHT BY R.K. MAROON'.

"The fu*k," you say but the F word has gotten censored for some reason. Quickly you pick up the newspaper, since it's shocking that he bought it from Mr. Marvin is still alive.

"I have to speak to Mr. Maroon about this," you said, holding your hand out to call for a taxi.

After getting their cause of traffic, it takes give or take 5 hours of a drive, the high cost of the taxi bill. You pay it still before making your way through the now dark outside into the R.K Maroon studio, that is still open. You know Mr. Maroon is still as you saw a moment before coming in that his office light is on. As you make your way to his office you knock on the door before coming in.

He has been drinking, as he looks at you and says "Excuse me, Y/N?"

"Mr. Maroon, I have some questions to ask you regarding your buying Toontown," you say in your new business stance.

"oh? Why now have a drink with me?" Mr. Maroon says now standing up making his way to his drinking bar cabinets.

"No sir, I don't drink while working," you say half lying, but right now you are trying to figure out why he bought it, as it feels weird he did so.

Seeing he has a new drink you asked him "Why did you buy Toontown?"

"Hmmm, why? I just wanted to extend my business for the better" he said before making his way to the window by his desk.

"yet Mr. Marvin is still alive, so how did you get him to sell you it?" you asked next, believing this man did want to buy the town because it will bring him more money in his pockets.

"well you know after his daughter got killed by a toon, he was willing to sell me the town 'cause he was now done with all toons," Mr. Maroon says, as a reply.

'he answers easily under the influence' you think to yourself before again asking "Do you know anything about a man named Dr. Doom?"

Mr. Maroon was about to answer but slowly you notice a gun barrel making its way from behind the curtain, which caused you to run to Mr. Maroon yelling out "MR. MAROON, BEHIND YOU!!!"

But it's too late as Mr. Maroon turn and gets shot in the chest, where when you catch him and see he is now dead. Looking to where the gun was at moments before you see its slowly now making its way to you, where you push Mr. Maroon's body off of you. Before you can get up and run a Gunshot sound goes off, where you close your eyes in fear. But not feeling any fear and hearing footsteps behind you, you turn around to see Jesse standing there now holding a gun.

"Jesse?" you say as Jesse picks you up and quickly pulls you out of the room with him.

Getting into a toon car, that has been waiting outside, with now Jesse driving away from the situation.

"Jesse the hell happened back there?" you asked Jesse who looks serious.

"I heard from the great vine that you was making your way to Mr. Maroon's office, and also that he was going to get shot at there, so I made my way there," Jesse says in a worried way.

Before you can ask another question, you look over to see it's a van following the both of you, well three of y'all as the car is a living toon.

"Jesse," you say.

"Yes, Y/N?" Jesse asked you while focusing on driving.

"We are being followed," you say worried.

"Fuck" Jesse says now speeding up.

As you put on your seat belt you say "Why do you get the say the word F*ck yet I couldn't? Damn it Disney."