Six

God, if I thought my first day was bad, this was worse! Now even my new friends were silent as everyone whispered and stared. I cleared my throat and looked at Changbin, who was silently reading a book next to me and was barely touching his food.

"Seo Changbin, right?" Han, ever the talker, asked and Changbin looked at him from under his- Oh, fuck me sideways! - long lashes.

"Yeah, Seo Changbin." Changbin said and looked back at his book, flipping the page and reading the new page.

"What uh... How are you-" Chan stopped himself and Changbin sighed, sliding a playing card between the pages then shutting his book. Great, he's annoyed.

"Am I being interrogated because I'm beside your twink or because you're just a nosy ass bitch?" Changbin asked and I felt my eyes widen at his words.

"Excuse me?! I'm older-"

"Are you looking to piss me off?!" Changbin asked and Chan's face paled.

"Changbin, stop!" I said and set my hand on his arm then he looked at me, my hand, my face, then scoffed.

"Look, Headmaster Seo wants him at my side because of earlier, end of discussion!" I told my friends and they silently looked between us then Chan sighed.

"Are you coming to classes tomorrow, Felix?" He changed the topic and I nodded, pulling my hand off of Changbin's arm.

"Yeah, I have to go to the library tonight because of the research paper." I said and Hyunjin smiled.

"Han and I can help you-"

"I can help you with it." Changbin spoke over the blonde and I turned to him then smiled.

"Thank you, Changbin, I'd like that!" I said and he nodded, opening his book back up. Once we were done with dinner, Changbin walked me out, but I noticed students giving us a wide circle of space. Granted, my friends were right here, but they were mostly trying to avoid Changbin. Guess he was famous.

"Library, right?" Changbin asked as we got to the grand staircase, and I nodded.

"I'll see you guys in the dorm." I told my roommates and they nodded, wary of Changbin and I even felt their eyes on my back as Changbin and I made our way to the library. As we got there, I told him to claim a table, but he silently stayed right behind me and I rolled my eyes.

"What's the paper on?" Changbin asked and I sighed.

"History of the school!" I said and he snorted.

"You don't need books for that, this library has nothing you need." He said and I frowned, looking at him.

"What? But-"

"Come on!" He said and grabbed my wrist, pulling me from the library. As we walked through the school, I realized we were going to the class C wing and felt my nerves pick up.

"Ooh, you bring a gift, Changbin?!" I heard someone call, whistling at me, but Changbin quickly slid his arm around my waist and pulled me into his side. God, this felt like one of those tv prisons where everyone called you and whistled. Except the students were in their doorways, not behind bars.

"Changbin, I'm s-"

"Don't say it!" He whispered and looked up at me.

"The second you say that, they pounce! They won't touch with me right here!" He softly spoke and I nodded, gripping his shirt tightly as we got to the end of the hall, and he pulled keys out of his pocket.

"Hello, beautiful!" I heard and looked up, my eyes widening at I saw someone taller than me. He was big, looked like a Pitbull had a kid with a human, and he was strong looking.

"Why don't you find someone more your height?" He asked but before he could touch me, he was laying on the floor screaming as he held his wrist and Changbin was shoving me into his room. I watched him lock the door behind us, the screaming in the hall now muffled, then Changbin went to his shelf.

"Changbin-"

"No one is going to hurt you with me around." He said and started to skim his shelf, so I took in his room. It appeared to be more of a studio apartment with the split decoration. He had the large bookshelf full of many titles and a few collectibles on one side and a dresser and a wardrobe by the bathroom door on the other. His bed itself was maybe a queen with crisp white sheets and soft looking black blankets and pillow covers with a cushion standing at the foot of his bed, keeping the black coloring. His bed itself sat on a wooden bedframe of dark wood and there was a sheer canopy that hung around the bed. As I looked at the other half of his room, I saw a plush chair by the window and bookshelf, his reading chair, and there was a loveseat sitting opposite of the chair. Then I noticed he had photos on his dresser and went over.

"Here, Felix." I heard him say, but I grabbed the first photo and saw Changbin with a silver tie, Prefect Park behind him, Chan's friend Yunho, and another boy with half black and half white hair sporting a red tie all together in I think the garden outside. In the photo, Changbin wasn't nearly as bulked up as he is now, but he still had a bit of muscle to him.

"When was this?" I asked as Changbin came to my side and he scoffed, snatching the photo and setting it down.

"Here." He said and I took his notebooks then he glared.

"I'll walk you to your dorm. Everything you need for the research paper on the school is in these books." He said and I nodded, holding onto his arm as we left his dorm. Again, I was called, but not nearly as much this time around. As we got to the class A wing, I finally began to relax.

"Why did you take me there if it was so dangerous to me?" I asked and he looked at me then huffed.

"My dad would have killed me if I had left you alone for even a moment in the library to go grab those notebooks. It was either take you and keep you safe, or risk leaving you and you get hurt again." He said and I nodded as we got to my dorm.

"Give me your number." He demanded and I frowned.

"Why?" I asked, but he rolled his eyes.

"So you can text me when you are leaving and I can come walk with you! Give me your number!" He said and I nodded, giving him my phone number. As he sent me a text, I saved his number then looked at him.

"Thank you, Changbin." I said, but he turned and walked back to his room.