Chapter 11 - The Bait

*Third Person's POV*

"How's she?" Minnie asked hopefully.

Dr. Baek shook her head slightly. "Her vitals are fine and her body is slowly responding to the medications... but, I still can't say when she will wake up." All of them in the room sighed. "It can happen Tomorrow, maybe next week... next month... or, it might even take another year."

Minnie sighed and dropped herself onto the couch in the room. Tension filled the room as they all felt helpless. It pained them to see the one person who has helped them when they needed it the most, being in a vegetative state. Dr. Baek was the one to break the silence.

"Do you have any lead on who did this?"

Tae-woong nodded as Dal-gun spoke. "We got the driver... but he's useless. He doesn't even know the person who hired him. Even if we go looking for him, he's going to come up with another person with absolutely no connection with the events."

"So, it's a dead end?" Minnie's voice screamed desperation.

"Mostly. But... there's something else." Dal-gun's voice was very stern that Dr. Beak felt a bit strange. "The day Lilli got into the accident, someone tried to break into her unit."

"What!" Minnie almost jumped. She looked at Tae-woong, not believing the other guy's words, only to see him nodding wordlessly. "That-- that means, Lilli is not safe here. We should move them."

"NO." Dal-gun almost yelled making the girls flinch. "I think the person who broke in here came looking for something, but as long as Lisa stays here, we might be able to catch the one who did it."

"How?" Dr. Baek had an accusatory look.

"For everyone else, Lisa is Lilli, for the killer as well. Even if not, Lisa is still a treat to them so they will definitely come back for her." His voice had no hint of emotions whatsoever.

"Dal-gun?" Tae-woong called as if he heard the most absurd thing. "Don't-- don't tell me you are thinking of using Lisa as a bait."

"So what?" He countered.

"What do you mean?" Tae-woong asked feeling helpless.

"Don't you want to know who did this to Lilli? Don't you want to protect her?" Dal-gun spat.

"We do. That doesn't make it okay to sacrifice the person who agreed to help us." Minnie backed up.

"WHAT ELSE DO YOU SUPPOSE ME TO DO?" He yelled.

"There must be some other way." Tae-woong said hopefully.

"What? Do you expect me to dig person after person till they get to Lilli and even worse let them get what they want next time? I am not going to do that. Lisa is our best chance."

"But--" Minnie was about to speak when he interrupted.

"And why are you so concerned about that girl anyway? Do you actually know her? What if she herself is a threat to Lilli?" Even though the words came from his mouth, he knew very well that it was all rubbish.

"That's bullshit. Lisa is not someone like that. Don't try to make her like that to prove your point." Tae-woong snapped.

The shorter guy sighed. They were right, but he couldn't see another way well. "Lilli is my priority; not Lisa. I don't mind to lose anyone as long as Lilli's life is secured." He said as he walked out of the room, only to stop in his tracks when he saw a certain Thai girl leaning against the wall with a heavy face. "Lisa?" He called unconsciously, making everyone else in the room come out.

Lisa held her head low not knowing what to say. She had just got back from her parents. Of course, she had thought about the dangers when she agreed to be Lilli Kim but to hear someone voice them out was a whole other thing. She slowly raised her head and looked at the short guy, trying to smile as genuinely as possible, but anyone who have known Lisa for ten minutes could say that it was fake. Dal-gun, who was stern for all these while was struggling to look into her eyes.

"It's okay, Oppa," Lisa said, her voice cracking. "Could you promise me just one thing?" He finally looked at her. "If anything does happen to me, could you please make sure that my parents will be safe and secure?"

"Lisa, what are you saying? He's being a jerk. Don't say such things based on what he said. Nothing will happen to you." Tae-woong tried to assure her, but he himself knew it was just a front.

"Are you sure, Oppa?" Lisa asked and they didn't have an answer for that. She smiled bitterly. After a few minutes of silence, she continued, "I want to protect Lilli too. I won't let anything happen to her either. So, don't worry."

Her words took even more of a toll on them, but there was nothing they could say.

After they all left, Lisa sat down at the bedside next to Lilli. Her hands were trembling, but she didn't know why. She tried to fight the tears, but she was defeated in no time. She sobbed quietly and the worst part was she didn't know why. Was it because she could die? Or was it because there's still someone out there who could harm Lilli? If she was presented with a question to choose herself or Lilli, she would be conflicted at first but would eventually choose Lilli. Lisa was that kind of person, but that didn't mean it didn't scare her.

Lisa was of course scared.