Chapter 15 - Unwanted Problems

*Lisa's POV*

Manoban, you idiot. Why did you call her your girl? She's not your fiancée, Man. She's not yours. Get that in your head.

I scolded myself. I know Jennie is not mine, to begin with, but what can I do, when my heart is just fluttering at her sight? I know technically this is cheating, but for her, it's her fiancée and I just want to see her happy. I know I will be easily replaced, with Jennie not even noticing, but I could treat her better till that, right? Or is that wrong? I want to love her, even if it's not me whom she's loving.

I looked up to see her blushing and she was trying so hard to cover it up, but it was not working girl. And I can't blame her, my face looks like a cherry too. We didn't talk much after. We stood there for a few more minutes and drove back.

As I was driving, Jennie fell asleep in the car. She is so cute. I could watch her sleeping all night. Since it was already late, the road was rather empty. But I have been noticing a black Sedan behind me ever since we entered the main road. Is it following me or am I just seeing things?

I decided to change my route and took four rights consecutively which resulted in forming a circle. And that car is still behind us. It's confirmed; I am being followed right now. What should I do? Should I call Oppas? But it will take them some time to reach where we are. What if they attack us before that? I don't care what happens to me, but Jennie is with me. I can't let anything happen to her. But if they wanted to attack us, they'd have done it even before, right?

Aagh! My mind is a mess. I decided to slow down, and stopped the car to the side. I got out quietly, not wanting to wake up the girl beside me, locked the door, and leaned against it. I don't even know what the hell I am doing. My heart is racing and this is a very fucked up situation. The Sedan stopped about 100 meters away from ours. I can't see who's or how many people are inside because the windows are all covered with privacy covers. No one got out of the car for a few minutes which further pushed my anxiety. I looked inside the car and confirmed Jennie was sound asleep. I slowly started walking towards the car. They must have felt something off. The car suddenly started and they drove past us, quickly. That's when I noticed the number plates were purposely covered with mud. So, that's another dead end. But thank God! I was preparing for the worst. Maybe the time hasn't come yet.

Jennie had no idea about what happened. She was sleeping even when we got home. I guess she was super tired. I had to carry her all the way to the bedroom so that I don't disturb her sleep. I took off her shoes and pulled the blanket over her. I so badly want to kiss her forehead, but I know I shouldn't. Everyone else is already asleep, so I just went to Lilli from Jennie's room.

I told her about what had all happened. And with all, I meant, everything. Our little dance at the party, our trip, and the whole following thing. But I hid the fact of how I was falling for her fiancée. No one would like to hear that, right? I also decided to hide the incident from my guide trio as well. It will just freak them out even more. It's a good thing that nothing happened, but I need to figure out if there's a rat in Lilli's den.

Sunday went by just like that. I slept in and read about the deals and projects Kim Corp. will be undertaking. I should be at least knowledgeable about what's going on so that I don't raise any suspicions. Even though there are still things I can't understand, I am a quick learner so, I have managed the company things pretty well so far. But it's hectic.

I hoped Monday morning would be just another day full of meetings and reports, but fuck, I have a new problem.

"Ms. Kim, we got a problem." One of the employees accompanied by Minnie and Tae-woong Oppa said, barging into my... well, Lilli's office.

"What is it?" I asked blankly, imitating Lilli.

"We lost the contract with Alpha Tech. to RJ Corp." I stood up from my seat. Ever since I came to Lilli's position, the most I have heard of was about closing the deal with this Alpha Tech. Even Lilli's room was full of documents and scratch notes about this deal. I know how she had worked for this and RJ Corp is the major competitor for Kim Corp. Why do I feel something is off? I get this feeling that there's some sort of foul play behind it.

"How could we lose it?" I asked sighing. Minnie was the one to speak now.

"We are not sure. They made a proposal with a tempting offer before us." She sighed. "But the problem is the director board is furious." I frowned my eyebrows. "We won't lose anything even without Alpha Tech's contract, but it was our first step in building our company in New Zealand, so the board of directors is accusing you." So, they are coming at Lilli. "Most of them are demanding an explanation in front of the whole director board and shareholders."

I sighed and sat down back on my chair. "Lilli, there are snakes, who want to get you to step down. They will use this against you. What are we going to do?" Tae-woong Oppa asked.

He's not really asking me. He's pretending in front of the employee. But what he said is true. The snakes are coming at Lilli, and I promised to protect her. That's exactly what I am going to do.

I closed my eyes massaging my template. If I think of a solution as Lilli, I will never find one -- I need to think as Lisa.

"Minnie." After minutes of silence, I called. "I want you to draft a new proposal for Alpha Tech. Work with only those whom you trust the most. I want it done by EOD."

"But Ms. Kim, that's too short." The other employee said.

"I know. But I want you to make it. It doesn't need to be detailed, just bare enough for us to ask them to grant us some time. Can you do it?"

"Yes." Minnie spoke confidently. I could sense from her voice that she was more than determined.

"Good. And I need every report and document about this deal on my desk in two hours." The other employee nodded and as they were to leave the room, I called Tae-woong Oppa.

"Oppa, wait. I need you to do something." I whispered some things in his ear. He listened and nodded to all of them attentively.

"I am on it." He assured me.

"Where is Dal-gun Oppa?"

"He got a call from the police station regarding Lilli's-- I mean, your accident. So he went there."

I nodded. "Oh and Minnie, inform the board of directors and shareholders to be present here Tomorrow at 2 P.M. sharp for the meeting."

She nodded. We all bowed to each other and they went out. I grabbed my coat from the hanger as I went out following them to get something else.

If they want to play, let's give it to them. They are yet to see the real Lisa Manoban.