Chapter 21 - Complications

*Lisa's POV*

"Let me get this straight. You look like Lilli Kim." Chaeyoung paused. "And the real Lilli Kim is in a coma." Another pause. "So, you replaced her." Chaeyoung spoke each word carefully.

I nodded. We were now at a cafe. We both managed to get away from our respective partners because, throughout lunch, Cheang kept giving me glances.

"Lis, do you realize your life could be in danger because of this? What were you thinking?"

"I don't know. But I was able to save my Mom, thanks to the money they offered. I only cared about that. But now, I just can't leave that easily."

Chaeyoung huffed.

"Because you are in love?"

"What?"

"You are in love with Jennie."

"N-- no. I-- I am not." I am lying. I am very much in love with her.

"Don't lie, Lis. Jennie Kim had been the longest crush you have had, and I saw the way you looked at her earlier." I didn't say anything. I can't argue with her. She's right. "Does she know?"

I shook my head.

"She thinks you are Lilli?"

I nodded.

"God! Lis, that's cheating. What are you doing?"

"I don't know, okay? I don't know anything. I didn't want to fall in love with her, but every time I saw her sad, I couldn't just hold back myself. I couldn't control my heart around her. I feel like it's only alive when I am with her." I said, holding back my tears, but she saw them.

"Hey!! It's okay. It's going to be okay. You need to take it easy. I don't want you to be hurt." She said calmly.

"I know, Chaeng-ah. I am sorry. Just till Lilli wakes up. We just have to wait till then." I said, and she nodded.

I threw my coat on the couch in the living room of Lilli's unit and dropped myself onto it. My mind is so conflicted now. I don't have a great feeling about what is going to happen. I feel odd, like everyone should be careful for the next few days.

I was lost in thoughts when I felt a pair of hands embracing me from behind.

"Hey!" She whispered.

"Hi, Nini. What happened?"

"I missed you."

"We just had lunch together." I said, smiling at her.

"I know, but I keep missing you nowadays."

"Mmmhmm." I hummed. Only if I could tell you the truth, Jennie. I am not your Lilli.

"Are you stressed?" She pulled away from the hug and came to sit down next to me with her face resting on the crook of my neck.

"Just a bit."

"Well, I can give you something that can help with stress." She whispered in my ear.

I gulped. "What is it?"

She straightened herself and brought her hand to caress my cheeks. She pulled herself onto my lap without breaking eye contact. Our hearts are pounding like crazy. I could feel it, hear it. I closed my eyes, and she was still running her fingers through my face. Her touch is so soothing yet so explosive for me. She pecked my nose and inched closer to my lips.

"Lilli." She whispered, and the realization hit me. She's not kissing me. She's kissing Lilli. I shouldn't do it. I will be wronging both Jennie and Lilli, and I can't do that. Not to the person I care for as my sister and not to the woman I love with all my heart. I shot my eyes open, and before her lips could land on mine, I tilted my head, so she ended up kissing my cheeks.

She frowned and pouted. "Why can't I kiss you on the lips? Don't you want to kiss me?"

"I-- it's-- that's--" Dammit! Why can't I think of a lie when I need one? Oh, wait! "It's not that, Nini. I would like to kiss you, but I want to do it first in one place."

"Where?" She frowned her eyebrows questioningly.

"In front of our family and friends. When we both say, "I do."" Please let this work, God.

"You are so lame sometimes." She said, and I laughed. "But I think I can wait. You better marry me fast." She warned.

"Yes, Ma'am."

She chuckled. "Oh, hey, I am going out with my friends. Do you want me to get you something?"

I shook my head. "Just come back safe."

"Okay!" She said in her baby voice as she got up from my lap. Before she went out she called me again. "Hey, Lilli."

"Huh!?"

"I think I might be falling in love with you." She said as she ran out.

*Third Person's POV*

Lisa finally let her tears fall. It hurt. It hurt her so much. Jennie said she loves her, but she loves Lilli. It was torture for Lisa. She wanted to scream, but she couldn't. She sobbed quietly.

Lisa couldn't understand what did she do that was so wrong that she had to suffer like this!

She rushed to Lilli. Hoping she could end her suffering.

"Lilli." She called sternly.

"Wake up. I know you can hear me. I want you to wake up." Lisa sounded serious, but she received no response. She sighed in defeat. Lisa knelt at the foot of the bed and sobbed.

"Please... Lilli. I am begging you. Save me-- from this pain." She let out in between the sobs.

"We almost kissed, Lilli."

"Do you hear me? I said I almost kissed your fiancée. And it was not an accident. I really really wanted to kiss her, too."

"Don't you have anything to say? I love her. I love her so much."

"God! But she's loving you. Do you have any idea how painful it is?"

Lisa was on an emotional rollercoaster. She felt frustrated one second, sad the next, and defeated for another. She stood up.

"So, wake up fast, Lilli, and kick me out." She sniffled. "Before-- before I-- stop wishing-- you'd-- wake up." She said, still crying her eyes out.

She was about to leave when she saw a short man standing by the door, listening to every word she said.

"Oppa." Lisa mumbled.

Dal-gun was about to speak when he saw something that made him shocked and happy at the same time.

"Lisa!" He called, pointing at the girl in bed.