Chapter 18

In Coruscant, Vice Admiral Rampart is in his Office and by the looks of it, his face is looking very tired, why you ask? Well, ever since the entire Clone Army just disappeared he can finally implement Project War-Mantle, only problem is, they don...

In Coruscant, Vice Admiral Rampart is in his Office and by the looks of it, his face is looking very tired, why you ask? Well, ever since the entire Clone Army just disappeared he can finally implement Project War-Mantle, only problem is, they don't have the necessary equipment and manpower to train these recruits. All the Clones are gone and the Empire, now has to resort to contractors or bounty hunters.

The doors to his Office were opened as Rampart looks and sees Tarkin entering his Office.

Rampart: Governor Tarkin, you're alive.

Tarkin: Yes, the reports regarding my death were.....overexaggerated. But looking at you, I believe the situation has turned for the worst.

As Rampart got a good look at Tarkin and saw a lot has changed after the incident in Kamino, his left arm and right leg are now prosthetics with majority of the left side on his chest as well, his right side of his face is burnt and has a prosthetic eye in his left eye.

Rampart: Indeed, with all the Clones gone we are behind schedule with the demand of soldiers. The same can be said for our equipment and ships. We are rushing the factories to make the ships as quickly as they can but the results lead to majority of the ships having major problems.

Tarkin: Yes, I heard that every single Republic ship we had in disposal have all but vanished, those that remain are ones that are loyal to Emperor but they are only few in numbers.

Rampart: I've sent my men to search for any sign of the Clones but all have proven to be dead ends. I also heard rumors that the Droid Army have disappeared as well.

Tarkin raised an eyebrow at this.

Tarkin: The Droid Army vanished?

Rampart: Yes, we scoured all over the Galaxy and major systems reported the Droids have all vanished, no one knows why.

Tarkin: This is a unknown phenomenon that does not concern our matters for now, but I will deliver this report to the Emperor himself. As for you Rampart, continue salvaging whatever is left of your project, it seems it's as close as becoming a failure but with the circumstances now, we can't afford it to be a failure.