⚽️Chapter 4⚽️

"Sooo..." Y/n awkwardly muttered.

"What did Jinpachi say again? Last week?" He asked.

"Y/n..." Isagi deadpanned.

"The first selection is starting and we have to go against other teams in the fifth stratum. Only the top two teams get to advance to the second selection." Kuon explained to the boy who slowly nodded.

"I see..." Y/n mumbled.

"How are we gonna choose the forward though? All of us can't come to an agreement." Kunigami said.

"How about a friendly game of rock-paper-scissors?" Bachira grinned.

The others thought about it before nodding. Placing their hands forward as they all gathered in a circle, they stared with determination.

"Rock, paper, scissors...Shoot!"

"Oh." Isagi blinked, looking at his fist.

'I won.'

"Ahh, shit! You kidding me?!" Raichi exclaimed.

"Then, just like we agreed earlier, Isagi can pick the position he wants and the rest of us will follow by rank." Kuon said.

Isagi tightened his fist and with determination, he said, "Then, I'll be the forward!"

~A While Earlier~

"The first selection will be a round-robin involving all five teams inside this stratum. Only the top two highest-positioned teams at the end of all 10 matches will qualify. The worst three will be eliminated. Meaning, the members of those teams will be immediately expelled from Blue Lock and they will lose the right to play for Japan's National Team." Ego explained.

"However! For those three teams, there is a way to avoid elimination. That is, to be the player who has scored the most goals for their team by the selection's end. This is a system with the purpose of saving only the best scorer from each eliminated team. Players within a team will be ranked according to their number of goals scored, but "fair play" will be accounted for in the system. Those with fewer penalties will have greater chances of winning." He demonstrated the Penalty System.

"Whether by pursuing their own goals or the team's victory, the fate of every striker will be decided by this first selection we are holding. The fight will have you all play football from scratch to work on your foundations. The first game will be held two hours from now between Team X and Team Z!"

~Team Z Locker Room~

"Alright, team! This is our first game lineup we made with rock-paper-scissors!" Kuon said, demonstrating to a white board that had all their names.

"While Team X may have higher rankings than ours, from 243-253, we don't have time to figure out any elaborate strategies. So let's believe in Isagi as our CF and go for the win!" He huffed.

"Alright~" Bachira nodded.

"You kiddin' me? Can we even win with our center forward ranked as low as Isagi is?" Igarashi crossed his arms as he slightly rose his chin.

"Better option than you as our center." Y/n commented, tying his hair up.

"Yeah. Quit whining, Igaguri. We decided it this way 'cause no one wanted to give up being forward, right?" Kunigami said.

"I don't really wanna play defense. Nah~" Naruhaya said while stretching.

"We just gotta win, right? We win and it's all good!" Raichi smirked.