⚽️Chapter 5⚽️

Team Z Locker Room

"I'm gonna say it! I think havin' Isagi as our CF was a mistake! Next game, I'll be at the very top of the lineup!" Raichi announced as he drank his water.

"No way, me! Isagi sucked, but I'd be an ace as CF!" Naruhaya said.

"Shut it, small fry!" Raichi scowled at the boy.

"You're all talking as if you've done something. To be honest, Yocchan has a cooler head than all of you." Y/n commented, laying on his back with his feet in the air.

"No one asked you, you conceited brat!" Raichi scowled.

Y/n glanced at him before blowing a raspberry.

"Just take me off defense, man!" Igarashi sighed.

As the boys continued to argue, Isagi was sitting aside in silence with his towel covering his head, deep in thought.

"Enough already! We're not here to mess around!" Kuon spoke up with a serious tone.

"Kuon..." Isagi muttered as everyone looked at the boy in surprise from his outburst.

"Our team just barely won the last match, and it was because of Y/n. Don't you see how risky this can be?" Kuon furrowed his brows.

"Huh?" Iemon blinked.

"Nope...Whatcha mean?" Igarashi asked.

"Listen. In the first selection, five teams play in a round robin tourney. Only the top two will move onto the next round. Supposing that all the teams are about equal and manage two wins and losses, the max number of points they'll have is 6. Therefore, we shouldn't aim for those 6 points, but exceed that number and go for 7!" Kuon explained.

"Of course, there may be more draws than that, but with two wins and one draw, we'll have 7 points! We'll be much more likely to make it if we reach that threshold. That goes for every other team too. Lose two games and they can't reach 7 points no matter what. It might not guarantee elimination, but two loses will put us in a "Dead Zone" of sorts that would be beyond hard to crawl out of." He continued as everyone silently listened.

"So just like that, Team Z can be on the verge of elimination. If we lose the next and the one after that, we're all but finished! This isn't the time to be thinking of ourselves! If we don't focus on what we can do to win, then it's over for us!"

Nodding slowly, Igarashi spoke, " 'Kay. Then, do you have a plan or what?"

"No...Not yet, I'm afraid." Kuon shook his head.

"Then, whatevs, thanks for the talk." Igarashi waved his hand.

Kuon's eyes widened, "But if things don't change, the...!"

"It's true." A voice said, making them turn their heads to the culprit.

"If it wasn't for Bachira and Isagi, it would've been impossible for me to score a goal. I think that goal was a hint on how to win." Kunigami continued.

"Kunigami..." Isagi muttered.

"Are you shittin' me, you meathead?! You're only sayin' that 'cause you wanna get more passes and be the best scorer, right?" Raichi exclaimed.

"But it was an amazing goal! With more of those, we'll win easily!" Bachira entered the room, drying his hair with a towel.

"What's with the birthday suit?!" Igarashi exclaimed.

"Right, Isagi?! Right?!" Bachira grinned.

"Bachira..." Isagi muttered with a deadpan expression.

'Put some clothes on...!' He internally screamed.