🇩🇪Chapter 39🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

'The star change system is counting down. I can bet that Yocchan has taken notice that this is his only possible chance to score a goal.' Y/n thought, passing the ball over to Isagi.

'And now, Kurona has joined too. I don't see us losing the ball right now. They've gotten into the state of flow.'

"Watch out! The counter's coming!"

"Get back! Defense, get ready!"

The members of Manshine scrambled to defend against the advancing group of 4, but as they attempted to stop them, they failed one-by-one. Even Kaiser and Ness attempted to intervene on Isagi's side, but he avoided it by passing to Kurona.

'Even Noa decided to team up with Isagi...?! Shit, shit, shit...! Why is it always him?! Why is it that he gets everything I wanted?! What does he have that I don't?!' Yukimiya thought, gritting his teeth as he ran down the field.

'Level-headed, rational...Deep down, I know what Isagi was saying is correct. I fuckin' know that! But once I become a goody two-shoes like that, that means I've already given up on my dream. Even with my diagnosis, I vowed to be the best player in the world. This is that path that allowed me to become the player I am now...! If I abandon that path, I'm pretty much dead...'

"Just watch. Soon you and your precious fantasy will sink straight to hell."

'You trampled over my dream. The one going to hell is you, Isagi!'

"Cut the shit and stop acting as if you're the heroic protagonist. Right now, you're a pitiful and honestly a weak one."

'And the one already waiting there for you is Y/n!'

Y/n held his arm out against Seiko who closely pushed against him while attempting to take the ball. Kurona kicked the ball over to Y/n, and the latter, along with Seiko, reached forward.

"Huh-?" Seiko slightly gaped, glancing back.

Y/n had stopped and only moved his upper body forward, the ball bouncing off his nape before falling back where his heel awaited to flick it just ahead of himself. Y/n was able to take it because of Seiko's momentary surprise.

"Dammit...I'm normally able to react to everything, but you...You're clearly not human." Seiko sighed.

Y/n sped up and passed the ball over to Noa who then sent it to Isagi.

'No one's glowing more than Yocchan right now. But...his aura seems different for some reason.' Y/n thought, glancing at the boy.

"Hey, stupid brat. You being a team player?" Kunigami scoffed, as he ran beside him.

"I'd call it having a mutual benefit, but whatever. Anyways, what's it like going through so much and still being below me?" Y/n said, arm against Kunigami as he caught the ball.

"Shut the fuck up." Kunigami scowled as he pushed against Y/n.

"C'mon. Face it. You may have been trained to be like Noel Noa, but know that no matter what you think right now, you're a pathetic duplicate who won't amount to anything if he keeps his head in his ass." Y/n said, shooting the ball to the far right where Noa caught it.

Kunigami grit his teeth and just as he seemed to be ready to do something, Y/n grinned, pushing against him with a surprising force that made the orange-head slightly stumble.