Special Chapter #6

"You...what?" Sae (6) questioned with his brows furrowed.

"I'm a football player now!" Y/n (5) repeated with a hint of pride in his voice as he kept his hands propped on his waist.

"You? The laziest person I've ever met is a football player?" Sae questioned as if it were an impossible thing.

"Why're you saying it like that?" Y/n huffed before glancing at Rin (4) who stood next to Sae.

"I think he's just jealous that I'm gonna be better than him, right, Rin-Rin?" Y/n said, grabbing the boy's hand and pulling him along.

"No way!" Sae protested as he followed after.

"Are you really that good?" Rin questioned. "Nii-chan is the best, so how are you going to be better?"

"I'm gonna be better because I'm the best at everything." Y/n replied as if it were a fact.

"Psh. You're only the best at being the worst." Sae retorted.

"This is why you have no friends." Y/n scowled with an annoyed expression.

"That's 'cause I don't need them!" Sae sneered.

"Only losers say that!" Y/n insulted before stepping back as Sae moved to smack his shoulder.

"Wow. So violent. Rin-Rin should watch out so he doesn't end up like you." Y/n said, running around with Sae chasing him.

"He should watch out so that he doesn't end up an idiot like you!" Sae scowled.

"Hey! Wait for me!" Rin panicked as he ran after them.

———

"Stupid Sae...He's so mean..." Y/n muttered with a glare as he walked down the sidewalk.

His hand was raised to his cheek, rubbing the growing red and dried blood on his skin. He had ended up losing his balance when running from Sae and a rock scraped harshly against his skin when he fell.

After that, they were silent before Sae turned and left with Rin, leaving Y/n alone.

Whoosh!

Y/n came to a stop, staring owlishly at the ball that rolled past him.

"Ah- I'm sorry, but can you pass that!" A voice was heard, making him glance over to a boy running over.

Y/n shrugged and walked over to the ball, bending over and grabbing it with hands. He then turned and looked at the boy who stared at him with huge blue eyes.

"Thanks!" The boy said with a smile, holding his arms out.

"So you like football? How long have you been playing?" Y/n asked, not handing over the ball but instead twirling it with his hands.

"I only started last year...Um, do you also play?" The unnamed boy asked, his hands falling to his side in an almost dejected manner.

"Yup! I started a month ago." Y/n replied, motioning the boy to follow him over to the grass.

"Oh, did you learn to like it? Like from TV? Do you have a favorite player?" The unnamed boy asked, standing across from him.

"Well...Not a professional one. The reason I started playing is because my big bro does. He sucks though." Y/n said.

"Is that so..." The unnamed boy sweat dropped.

Y/n dropped the ball to his feet and placed one foot on it before looking the other boy straight into the eyes. The unnamed boy couldn't help but fidget in slight discomfort, feeling intimidated.