⚽️Chapter 22⚽️

Y/n's eyes slightly widened as Isagi appeared in front of Bachira, blocking his shot. His, and everyone else's eyes, followed the ball that flew in the air.

In that instant, Isagi Yoichi's play surely surpassed that of Itoshi Rin.

Now, if the ball that Bachira Meguru shot had grazed Isagi Yoichi's right foot at an angle that was even 1cm off, the fates of these 8 players may have changed dramatically. But the ball randomly... mercilessly...cruelly descended upon its victor.

Isagi watched in horror as the ball landed towards Rin, the latter shooting it into the net right after.

Team Red     Team White
6         5

Beep! Beep!

"Game over!
The score is 6-5!
Team Red wins!"

"..."

Y/n slowly exhaled, eyes stuck on Isagi who fell to the ground, fists hitting the grass as he kept his head lowered.

'I fought all by myself...I believed in the football in which I didn't need anyone else, and there...In the world in which I am alone, you were there, Isagi...' Bachira thought, staring at the boy with slightly shining eyes.

"Why...Shit...Why...?" Isagi muttered.

"I'm basking in this stylish afterglow!" Aryu said, posing.

"Hmm..." Y/n started, rubbing the back of his neck as he gazed at the opposing team.

"Hey, who are we taking?" He questioned.

"Ah, yes...I guess I will choose again...?" Aryu nodded.

"Wait...Hold on..." Bachira said, slowly walking towards them.

"What is it?" Aryu questioned as he and Y/n looked at the boy.

"I..." Bachira started.

'The one I want is-'

"Shut up. I'm going to choose." Rin interrupted, sporting a dark aura.

"Eh?" Y/n blinked.

"Rin..." Aryu muttered in surprise.

"There will be no objections." Rin added as he held a hand to the right side of his face.

"I was completely unable to read that last play. It's the first time since coming to Blue Lock that I've tasted defeat. That makes one more person I need to crush. Dammit..." He continued. 

"I won't let you sink here. Come, Isagi Yoichi. You can have a front row view of my ascension to the world's number one."

Isagi stared at Rin, stunned while processing his words.

Y/n hummed and glanced over to Bachira who grinned at Rin's decision.

Blue Lock
Second Selection
Rivalry Battle

Itoshi Rin
Sano Y/n
Aryu Jyubei
Bachira Meguru
And
Isagi Yoichi
Clear!

'Why...? Why did I get chosen?' Isagi wondered.

"I'm tired." Y/n yawned, scratching the back of his head as he slightly slouched.

"We should start heading to the next stage." Aryu nodded, twirling his hair.

Rin didn't say anything and turned to the Winners Gate that opened, Aryu following. Y/n looked back at Bachira who stood in front of Isagi, staring with a tired expression before shrugging and walking after Rin and Aryu.