🇯🇵Chapter 26🇯🇵

U20 Training Camp

Houichi sported a confident smile as he stood in front of the group of males who sat at the tables before him. 

"The match is in 2 weeks! You all are the members of the U20 National Team, the ones chosen for the sake of victory!" He started.

"Now, the long-awaited new addition to our team... Itoshi Sae!"

Sae stepped into the room, wearing an identical tracksuit as the U20 Team. Behind him, Y/n and Shidou followed, also wearing the tracksuit. Seeing as Sae was the main focus, they walked over to an empty table and plopped onto any chair.

"Holy crap. It's the real thing." One of the males said, staring at Sae with awe.

"So cool...We really get to play with him!"

"You think? He just looks like a spoiled little prince to me." One of them hummed, leaning back in his chair.

"He can hear you, man..."

"And who are those guys?" One of them questioned, pointing at the younger duo that arrived with Sae.

"Dunno. Sae's tag-alongs, I guess."

"Y'know, that h/c-haired one looks awfully familiar..."

"I was thinking the same. I can't get a good look at his face though because he's staring up."

'So even members of the U20 Team know I exist, huh. Well, kinda...' Y/n sweat dropped.

"As you know, your opponent will be Team Blue Lock! You must maintain the dignity of the U20! Defeat is entirely out of the question here!" Houichi spoke with a raised fist.

"Sae-kun, any fighting words for the team?" He turned to the male with a smile.

"Uh..." Sae blankly stared at the team.

"Be thankful that you get to play with me." He said, earning a few glares or confused stares.

"I don't have the slightest interest in any of you. Since you'll never have a chance like this again, do your best not to piss me off. That's it." He finished.

"Huh? Hey..." Houichi stammered.

"Talk about confidence..." One of the members awkwardly chuckled.

Suddenly, one of them stood, slamming a hand on the table as he glared at Sae.

"Get off your damn high horse, genius. You might be a bit famous around the world, but you're just a second division player in the end, aren't you?"

Japan U20
Forward
Sendo Shuto

"I'm a regular forward in the best team in Japan, so watch your damn mouth because right now, I'm above you." He smirked, visibly smug.

"What about it?" Sae questioned, eyes slightly narrowed.

"As for you, you'll compete to be the top 10 scorer in the nation, get in the national team, get an annual salary of 50 million, marry a gravure model, and then live a happy family life. That'd be the peak of your football life."

Sendo slightly blushed at the idea, feeling a bit giddy but also embarrassed.

"My singular interest is becoming the best in the world. There is a fundamentally different depth to our greed. Just now, you thought the things I listed didn't sound so bad, right? That's how you know you'll never be the best in the world. Now piss off." Sae finished, Sendo flinching at the accusations (though they were true).