⚽️Chapter 20⚽️

"That shot just now...Unbelievable!" Anri gaped, her eyes shining as she stared at the screens.

"I wanna watch that again...Eh? With that fake shot, he sent the ball spinning...Ah! Then he let it stay afloat and when it came down...That's when he actually shot to make the goal!" She analyzed, rewinding the footage of Nagi's shot.

"A play like this is nothing short of a miracle!" She commented.

"Dismissing it as something as easy as a "miracle" is what exposes your mediocrity, Anri-chan." Ego sighed, leaning back in his chair with his hands behind his head and one leg propped on the other.

"B-But that play just now was crazy! This isn't something you could pull off again, even if you tried! No way!" Anri sputtered as she whipped her head to look at him.

"I wonder about that." Ego said, staring at the screens.

Anri blinked as she stared at the man, awaiting his words.

"The will to score a goal here and the skill to back it up, all put in the environment of a specific set of game situations with just the right players. When all of these conditions stack in just the right way, one's performance can exceed human understanding. Miracles can be explained, Anri-chan." Ego explained.

"And it's formula lies just beyond this selection..." He finished, pushing up his glasses.

–––––

"Ah...We're only one point ahead now." Y/n exhaled as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"It's fine. We won't let it end like this..." Aryu said with a determined expression.

"Enough with the fuss." Rin said, placing his foot on the ball.

"I'm going to control this field from now on. If you want to win, do your best to keep up." He said with a slightly intense aura.

"Getting fired up now, huh..." Y/n blinked.

"For once, he's burning up." Aryu nodded.

"Great! I wanna see it!" Bachira grinned. "Rin-chan playing for real~"

Kickoff!

The whistle blew and instead of passing the ball, Rin immediately charged forward, his teammates doing the same.

'Let's go! We're in the second half.' Isagi thought.

Rin then raised his leg, shooting the ball to the far right.

'It's curving outside...!' Isagi noted with slightly wide eyes.

The ball was heading towards a certain h/c-haired boy who slightly blinked in surprise before a grin stretched on his lips. As he approached the ball, he instantly noticed the opponent that ran towards him.

"The king came back instead of sending a knight, huh? What, you don't have any? Are you no longer being seen or treated as king?" Y/n hummed, staring at Barou.

Barou scowled but paid no mind to him, but the ball instead.

"He missed his pass. I'll get there first!" He muttered.

'That's not it!' Isagi thought.

'It's landing in front of Barou...and spinning back in Y/n's direction!'