Being a brat during homework

Warnings: Use of the word sir like twice, reader gets called good girl and baby once? That's it I believe. 

Word count: 665

--------

Frustration. That's all you feel right now. How are supposed to know everything about a plant from over a hundred years ago? And to make matters worse there was to be no researching after class. Meaning the time you had in class earlier was the only time you could read about it. So, now you're sitting at the desk in Xavier's room staring down at your paper.

You could use your phone because how would Thornhill know, but you can't. The reason being you have that class with Xavier, your boyfriend. Who indeed takes instructions seriously. So when it came time to do homework he took all research materials, including your phone. You had tried to complain about it but he gave you one look and it was over.

"I just don't get it! What's so important about this plant? Sure it may have some special ability but it looks like every other plant on this school's grounds." You complained to Xavier who was sitting on his bed, having finished his work already.

"Baby, maybe if you spent less time whining about it and more trying to remember what you read earlier you'd be done. You could be laying up here with me or doing anything else you wanted. But you've been sitting there complaining and saying the same things for about twenty minutes."

"Maybe if this work Thornhill assigned wasn't so useless-."

"Alright enough," He says now getting up from the bed and joining you at the desk. "The work isn't useless. You're just not trying and you know it. You've only looked at this paper twice and not even long enough to read it. Now, read the paper and behave please."

"Fine." You utter and start to focus.

"Good girl."

You turn to him and glare.

"That's not fair. You can't tell me to focus and then call me that."

"See that's where you're wrong. I can do whatever I want and you don't have a say in it, okay? So, that means if I want to call you a good girl then I will. However, I may take it back since you want to do all this back-talking today. Focus on that paper, don't make me have to ask again."

Turning your attention back to the paper you start to read the question. It still didn't make sense.

"Can you help me please, Xavi?"

"Of course, that's all you had to do." He says kissing your forehead. "Do you remember anything about the last plant we learned about?"

"Uh, only that it grew fast."

"Correct. So this plant has the opposite effect and one more different property. The answer was in the first paragraph of the text we read today in class."

"How am I supposed to remember that? Can we please just go do something else? Maybe hang with the others or I could just do something with you?"

"No. You are finishing this paper."

"I'm just going to write something random." You declare starting to stand up from the chair.

"Sit. Down."

At his tone of voice, you sit back down and stare at the wall in front of you.

"Look at me. Thank you. You do know we do not just throw our work like that, yea?"

"Yes.."

"That's not how you respond to me."

"Yes sir."

"We are going to finish the homework. There's one more answer. You are going to actually think about it and you will not complain about it any further. Do you understand me? If you do your phone will stay with me until tomorrow after classes. Don't make me have to take anyway any other privileges because you want to be a brat. Let's just get this done and maybe I'll reward you."

"Yes sir. I'll try to really think of it this time."

"Thank you. I didn't want to have to be too mean but this is important. You've got it." He asserts with a kiss to your lips then your forehead