"It's so dark I can't see you, here-hold my arm."

Word count: 276

——————————-

"You know what I mean!"

"I don't!"

"It's a duck, Xavier." You say between breaths of laughter.

"That is not a duck. I'm sorry baby but that's more like a giraffe if that."

"Is not! Rowan? Please tell Xavier this looks like a duck." You call Rowan who's sitting across the room in his bed. It's storming outside causing everyone to be inside.

"Well if you turn it around a certain way. Yea, that way! It sort of looks closer to a duck."

Xavier laughs at that. Of course, he does. Your boyfriend is a great artist but you on the other hand. "Thanks, Rowan but she can handle the truth."

"I was just being nice."

"Alright, I think it's time to head to bed. Let's clean up this bed." You nod looking down at the mess of supplies.

However the minute you get up from bed the power goes out. It's okay though you know the way to Xavier's desk and back. What you didn't know was that Rowan got out of his bed at the same time with the plan of scaring you.

When you turn back from Xavier's desk you run into a figure and jump. "Jeez!" You scream out of habit from being scared. "Xavi-." Xavier jumps up at the sound of your scream and tries to find you.

"It's so dark I can't see you, here–hold my arm." He whispers slowly, walking until he feels you grab his arm. "There we go I've got you."

He leads you both back to the bed and helps you get situated to sleep. He'll deal with Rowan in the morning.