Reunite

Pairing: Xavier Thorpe x Reader

Summary: Reuniting with Xavier after the fight at Nevermore.

Warnings: Mentions of near death, love confessions, reader is in the hospital.

Word count:231

----------------------------

The last thing you remember was running from Xavier. Promising you'd be careful but you couldn't let your friends be in this alone. He yelled after you but you lost him running too fast. An arrow was your last full vision.

When you came to there was a mask on your face. Wait, mask? Shakily you move to get up and remove it but a hand stops you.

"Hey, no. That's supposed to be there. It's helping you breathe." Xavier. He was sitting in the chair next to you. You were in the hospital and he was crying?

"What happened?" Your muffled voice questions.

"You were struck by an arrow. Right by your heart. I thought I lost you."

"Oh. I'm sorry."

"No. We're not doing that. You just wanted to help. Everything is okay."

"You don't look okay."

"You.. you were so close to dying. I was scared." His voice cracks like he's still scared to lose you.

"I'm right here."

"I know. You're okay. You're here."

"Xavi?"

"Yeah."

"I love you."

"Fuck, I love you too. We'll talk more about it when you're cleared though, alright? Are you feeling okay?"

"Uhm, just tired."

"You should get more sleep. I'll tell the nurse you needed more sleep."

"You?" You attempt to question already feeling the slumber taking over.

"I'll be okay. I'll be right here when you wake up again."