Chapter 7

Tyon couldn't stop thinking about the kiss after the incident and spent all his time working to keep his mind in check as much as he could. However the plan wasn't working well. He spent a lot of time in his study and instead of working he would soon be disturbed by the sight of Alden and Amauri playing outside. He was watching over them and stole a lot of glances when they were near. He liked watching Alden smile whereas the latter quickly forgot about the kiss. He didn't like Tyon and therefore didn't think about it at all and focused on Amauri.

The child changed a lot in a matter of days. The first day Alden saw him, he was a shy and fearful child who didn't dare ask questions but now he turned into an energy ball who wanted to understand everything and if you didn't watch over him for a second he would disappear in a tree or behind a bush. Earl helped Alden keep an eye on the young child but the only one he really listened to was his mommy. If he called him he would come back running. Alden prefered to be safe than sorry and asked Earl to help him keep an eye on the child. This drew them closer and Earl himself opened up to Alden, becoming friends.

Amauri loved listening to his mommy and Alden loved answering questions and telling stories. Naturally he talked a lot about his life before they met and all the places he visited outside the mansion. Alden told Amauri about his friends, the gossip and everything else. It wasn't really important what Alden was talking about. He could be talking about anything and Amauri would have still looked at him with the same sparkling eyes. Against all expectations, Earl liked gossips a lot and became very talkative when they were on the topic:

"And Sir Denemfontos purchased a tiger recently."

Alden frowned.

"Why would he buy a tiger? The poor thing isn't meant for living in such weather."

Earl shrugged with a small smile :

"Tiger's are known for their powerful energy. Everyone would love to have one if they had the money."

Amauri who had been playing close to them raised his head:

"What is a tiger?"

Alden smiled a bit surprised. Wasn't he old enough to know about animals?

"Tigers are like lions but with stripes."

Amauri always listened to the words of his mommy with utter admiration, looking at him as if he was the smartest person on earth.

"What are lions?"

Alden frowned :

"You never saw lions before?

-No!"

Alden immediately dragged them to the library and soon Alden realized how limited the child's knowledge about animals was. He turned to Earl :

"Has he never been to the Zoo before?"

He shook his head.

"Sir Farroworb doesn't let the young master leave without him and he doesn't have time to go to the zoo. He says that the Zoo is not a necessary trip.

-But he is a child. He has to go play outside and visit places. If he can't then I'll take him out.

-I don't think Sir Tyon will like the idea very much...

-I don't care if he does."

Alden didn't wait a second and left Amauri to Earl before going to Tyon's study. There were two guards stationed in front of the door as usual and they bowed seeing Alden approach. He stopped in front of the door and knocked before going in. He seemed really determined and walked up to the desk before staring straight at Tyon. The latter wasn't used to such attention and felt his heart act up again.