Chapter 30

Alden liked Blaze as soon as he saw him. Blaze looked like an adorable child who was really shy and sweet. He was trying to hide behind his hair but still greeted the Farroworb family warmly and looked genuinely happy seeing Amauri. The rest of the family seemed okay too. The parents were basic nobles. They were really happy that Amauri liked their child and were ready to do anything to get closer to the Duke but despite this, they were still polite which was the most important part. Apart from Blaze, the Pardirages family counted three other children: Basil a boy of 10 years old, Elva a young girl of 14 years old and Nyra a young woman of 16 years old.

The children were way nicer than the parents and Alden quite liked this little family. Basil was starting to become an adolescent therefore thinking he couldn't enjoy childish things anymore but Alden could see how much he still loved to play. Amauri being a non judging and open person, he was way more mature than any other child and Basil actually liked playing with him using the excuse of being with a child to enjoy childish games. Amauri saw right through Basil's game and comforted him telling him that he could play with anything he wanted and no one would judge him. Alden was really proud of the way he raised Amauri and thought that after a few more weeks, Basil would completely open to Amauri despite the age gap and be good friends.

The girls were way older than the boys but liked being with them because they found Amauri really cute and really liked their little brothers who they protected like mothers did. Alden found it sad seeing that these two girls must have helped out a lot to raise the boys only because they were born first but they were so good at it that it was also adorable. Elva the youngest seemed to be used not to be listened to at home and therefore really liked talking to Alden. She soon realized that contrary to her parents, Alden never told her to stop talking and smiled at her warmly while she was telling him about what she liked to draw. Because of this, Elav soon developed a crush on Alden and Tyon hated the fact that another person tried to steal his fiance away from him.

But of course he didn't say anything. Well at least he thought so but everyone could see how grumpy he was when Alden wasn't looking at him. Elva soon got terrified of Tyon and hated him for blocking Alden from her. Amauri soon realized that the girl liked his mommy too and awakened the same possessive aura his father had which was disturbingly scary. He didn't like Elva and it got even worse when his mommy told him to be nice to her. Elva didn't like Amauri either because she was jealous that he was Alden's child instead of her. The both of them became enemies but couldn't say anything because Alden really wanted them to get on well together.

Lastly, there was Nyra. She was the oldest and it showed. She was silent and well mannered. She knew what to say when and knew how to hide her emotions. Alden thought she looked like a plastic doll and he didn't like that. She was so young. He wanted her to smile and run around like Amauri. But Nyra didn't. She stayed close to the parents listening silently or looked over the children and only stepping in when they were having a fight. She was disappearing behind her role of young mother and Alden was sure she hated it here and must be bored to death.

Wanting to help her, Alden tried his best to find a topic of conversation that she seemed interested in. Everytime Alden said something directed at Nyra, she would answer politely and succinctly before going back to silence. Alden had a hard time finding a good topic because her parents couldn't stop talking, not minding their daughter. Alden did his best and finally found out that Nyra really liked horses.

"You like horses?

-Yes, indeed. I have been horseback riding for the last ten years.

-This is impressive!

-Thank you very much, Mister Farroworb.

-Amauri loves animals but never learned how to ride a horse. I think he would love learning. Would you be interested in showing him?"