Chapter 5

Everyone talked about the way Amauri and Alden dressed during the day and as soon as Tyon arrived he heard about it. At first, his knights didn't want to tell him but he immediately felt something was wrong and they didn't dare hide something from their commander:

"Mister Alden has been wearing... Undergarments for the entire day."

Tyon froze thinking he misunderstood :

"What?

-He wasn't wearing any clothes and was only in undergarments."

Tyon scoffed, which took everyone by surprise. He should be feeling furious having Alden defy his authority but it was quite funny seeing his reaction. Tyon never knew what he would do next and he realized he shouldn't have underestimated him. Despite being amused, Tyon didn't plan on stepping back having his ego to protect :

"We'll see how long he'll keep up the act."

He went to the dining room and found Alden and Amauri there being in undergarments as predicted. For some reason Tyon didn't dare look at Alden's body because when he did he felt something strange in his own body. In his usual clothes, Tyon didn't see how pleasing Alden's body really was to the eye. He didn't want to think about it and forced himself to look at his nephew instead.

Tyon frowned seeing his nephew wearing the same clothes as Alden. The new parent had a huge impact on the child being there only for a week and Tyon didn't like that. Amauri never smiled so happily around him and he would never follow his orders so easily. He could guess Amauri was the one who wanted to dress this way and that was even worse. As Alden said, he was getting braver and not because of Tyon teaching him what he could and couldn't do. Amauri didn't even seem ashamed of himself when Tyon came in way too proud to look like his mommy. He never saw a prouder and more confident child than him.

Alden didn't look at Tyon which irritated him. He had been ignoring him ever since he started living with them and Tyon never knew how irritating it was being seen as air. He was used to people avoiding him but he always felt their gazes. With Alden, he was completely absent and even Tyon started questioning his existence.

"What are you wearing?"

Alden didn't even look at Tyon:

"Clothes."

Amauri on the other hand was really proud of his mommy his eyes sparkling :

"Mommy said I looked great in them! Look Dada, don't we look good? We are the same!"

Tyon didn't say anything and Amauri sat back on his chair, his smile fading.

"Those aren't clothes. They are undergarments.

-Thanks for the clarification."

Tyon clenched his fists.

"I can't have you and my nephew walk around without any clothes all day.

-Your nephew wears whatever he wants. As for me, where is my suitcase?

-As I told you before, I won't be having such outrageous clothes tarnish the reputation of my mansion.

-Then I'll be wearing nothing from now on."

Everyone listened at them intently. No one was used to seeing Tyon having such a hard time and everyone thought Alden would immediately regret but hearing him talk, they became unsure about who would win the fight. Both of them were stubborn and were waiting for the other to give up and the servants started betting behind their backs.

Tyon didn't even forbid Alden and Amauri from wearing undergarments confident that he would win. Therefore they both continued not dressing up for days. Tyon started losing patience whereas Alden didn't seem bothered at all. He in fact quite liked being dressed so lightly. Tyon didn't know how much patience he lacked not having to wait usually. For some reason Tyon had trouble sleeping, his mind always wandering towards Alden. When he couldn't sleep he went to train and started getting more and more exhausted about the whole situation while Alden slept perfectly well.

Tyon couldn't lose. He couldn't accept that but he was really on edge and his knights felt how bad his mood was. People started avoiding him and no one dared make a mistake scared of the repercussions which were worse than usual. Being so frustrated, Tyon started noticing things he wouldn't usually have. For example the way Janyn and even others blushed at the sight of Alden's body. At the beginning they didn't dare look not used to seeing someone in their undergarments but with the days people started getting used to it and more and more glances got stolen. Alden didn't seem to notice but Tyon did and he didn't understand why he was so bothered by it. He wanted to dismiss everyone but that irritated him even more. Why did he care? What was wrong with him? Was it because he didn't want his reputation to be tarnished? Or was there something else?

It was an all : the lack of sleep, the glances, the body of Alden which he saw every time he closed his eyes and Tyon couldn't take it anymore. They were eating their dinner when he put down his fork in a loud tud. Everyone looked at Tyon not being used to him being so nosy during a meal. Feeling the gazes, Tyon was even more frustrated. It was the first time in his life admitting defeat and there were so many people witnessing it that he felt dizzy but he couldn't take it anymore:

"Janyn, go to Mister Alden's house and bring back everything he asks for."

Alden couldn't hold back a laugh:

"Was it that hard?"

Tyon felt his blood freeze. It was embarrassing enough admitting defeat, he really didn't need Alden to talk to him like a child who had been stubborn.

Word spread quickly of the cardinal of Death's first defeat and Alden happily wore his favorite dresses not letting anyone forget about the events. Tyon felt really irritated by everything that was happening. He couldn't stop thinking about Alden and lost their argument having to see those terrible dresses every day. Because of this, Tyon didn't come to dinner and breakfast for a few days. Amauri was really sad that his Dada didn't want to eat with him and Alden had a hard time comforting him.

He decided to introduce Amauri to design to help divert him and he showed him how he made his dresses. Amauri was eager to learn and together they started making an ensemble for him too. Being sunny outside, they decided to work in the garden and inadvertently found a comfortable place in front of Tyon's study. The latter was always focused on work but started eying them more and more. He looked at them having fun and thought to herself that he never saw either of them so happy.

Amauri usually bowed his head in front of him and Alden ignored him but now their smiles were at the level of their ears. They were laughing all day and Tyon started getting curious about those dresses he hated. How could Amauri stay focused on a task for so long? He couldn't even get him to focus five minutes on sparring. he didn't even realize how long he had been staring at them and completely forgot to work for hours. At some point Earl came to take Amauri to his bath and Alden decided to stay a bit more to continue working on his next dress. Now that he was alone he could finally concentrate and his eyes went still. He seemed totally absorbed by what he was doing, his nose only inches from the fabric.

Tyon couldn't take his eyes off Alden's gaze. He had never seen someone being so passionate about anything before. Tyon had been holding a sword since he was 3 years old and was really talented at it. Being the son of a nobody, he had a hard time ascending to the position he had now and spent hours training every single day. He was always training, be it sun or rain. He never asked himself if he liked sparring. He had a talent for it and had to make the most of what he could. Therefore things like pasion weren't important to him. Tyon completely forgot about it and never thought someone could do something by passion before seeing Alden.

That was passion. He saw his eyes burn the moment he talked about his dresses and he saw how fiercely he protected them. Tyon didn't want to admit it but he felt jealous somewhere. Why couldn't he feel the same way about his sword? He didn't know if he ever felt passionate about anything in his entire life. He felt jealous. Or was it something else? He didn't know what he felt anymore.

Having spent hours working outside, Alden was exhausted and without realizing his eyes started closing. He continued nonetheless and only stopped moving when his head hit the tree, the dress still in his hands. Tyon smiled seeing him so vulnerable. He usually always looked at his eyes full of hate and defiance but sleeping like this he seemed so small. Tyon could have easily surrounded him with his arms and thinking about it made his heart skip a beat. He wanted to go out and put a blanket on him to make sure he wouldn't get sick. Tyon straightened up realizing how long he had been staring at the young man. What was wrong with him? He had to get it together.