Chapter 39

Tyon didn't work the whole day because Alden decided he couldn't. While putting the papers away, Alden frowned:

"I am going to do my part of the work from now on."

Tyon started shaking his head but Alden wasn't taking no for an answer:

"Why would you do all of this alone? Will I not be the wife of the mansion?"

Tyon immediately blushed. Why was he acting all shy after almost pushing his tongue down Alden's throat?

"What? Am I not good enough to help you with your work?

-No, that's not that. I...

-Then it's settled."

Alden wasn't taking no for an answer and pushed Tyon back on the bed. He then put two pillows under his head before covering him up nicely. Tyon didn't like being on the receiving end but didn't dare say no to Alden. He sat like a good child and didn't get up while Amauri came back and layed down next to his father.

"Would you like to eat something? I bake really good cookies."

Amauri and Tyon got interested which made Alden laughed:

"I got it. Don't you dare get up or work. I will be only gone for a few minutes and then I'll be back with your breakfast.

-Do you need help mommy?

-No, darling, stay with your father.

-But I want to help mommy.

-Relax too. I'll be quick."

Alden really only left for a few minutes before coming back with really tasty cookies. Seeing Tyon ready to get up, Alden shook his head:

"Stay in bed and eat there."

Tyon frowned, not understanding how someone could eat in bed. Amauri didn't have that problem and he quickly grabbed a cookie. Alden took it back before breaking it in two and blowing on it. Once the cookie was cold enough, Alden handed it back to Amauri. He started eating with a smile and Tyon stared at the child with round eyes. Seeing Tyon all frozen, Alden grabbed another cookie and blew on it too before handing it to Tyon. Tyon couldn't take his eyes off Alden and wouldn't have thought he would feed him. His ears red, Tyon ate five cookies before drinking some more tea. Once done, Alden whipped Amauri's and Tyon's lips. He had a very focused expression on his face and Tyon found him adorable. Amauri didn't like his mommy paying as much attention to his father as to him but being his father's birthday, Amauri decided not to say anything.

After breakfast in bed, the little family had a wonderful day together and Tyon thought that he had never been that happy in his entire life. He couldn't let go of Alden and couldn't wait to tie him down with a ring. After that day, Alden did his part of work at the mansion and slowly everyone started calling him Duchess behind his back. Amauri didn't like his mommy spending less time with him and was very worried that this was too much work for Alden. He would check for a fever every day with furrowed eyebrows. Even if his mommy was perfectly fine, Amauri still glanced at Tyon and made sure he knew what would happen if his mommy got sick.

Tyon on the other hand liked spending time with Alden. They ate together, slept together and now even spent hours in the study together. Alden was slowly invading every room of the mansion and Tyon brought a second chair to the study so Alden would be comfortable. Amauri came to the study a lot too and sat down to read quietly or to draw his parents together. The parents kept all the drawings and hung all of them all around the mansion. Tyon didn't like people doing things for him usually. He was the type of person who only liked what was done by himself but now he was overjoyed seeing Alden by his side. He didn't want to put too much pressure on the young man but wanted to ask him about every little detail. Tyon, who did everything as he wanted before, now couldn't do anything alone.