Chapter 21

With Amauri's 5th birthday coming, the ball was the only subject of the mansion and even of the town. People couldn't wait to be invited to this mysterious child's birthday and the mansion had the stress of putting together a perfect gathering. Alden was really good at organization and parties so of course he wanted to help. Moreover, this was Amauri's birthday and he wanted his day to be perfect.

As the day was approaching, Alden was really busy and was with Janyn all the time talking about the ball. Amauri didn't like anyone else except for Alden. He did have fun with Earl and even other people from the mansion but he didn't like to be apart from his mama for too long and started to lose his patience. No one could calm him down and Earl had to bring Amauri back to Alden.

"Darling, what are you doing here?

-I wanted to be with mommy.

-I am very happy to hear this but I am very busy.

-I won't disturb you. I'll just stay next to you.

-Won't you be bored? I am doing adult stuff.

-I won't.

-Then go ahead. I trust you."

And Amauri didn't get bored. He brought easy books with a lot of images and sat down next to his mommy reading. No one was surprised when Amauri did something impressive anymore because as soon as Alden showed up, Amauri started learning at a fascinating speed.

Tyon was also very busy and he didn't see his family a lot. He saw them only during meals and now at night because starting then, Amauri wanted to sleep with both his parents and for some reason Tyon didn't have anything against it. Alden still didn't understand why Tyon was being so weird but having no answer from Tyon, he didn't push further. Therefore, every night they slept in the same bed. Contrary to what Tyon wanted, he wasn't sleeping next to Alden. In fact Amauri hadn't forgotten that his dad was his enemy and asked to sleep in the middle which Alden accepted. Tyon was jealous but preferred this than to sleep alone and didn't say anything. As long as he could see his little family every morning, Tyon was happy.

Tyon didn't have anything to say concerning the ball saying that he left every detail to Alden. However there was one detail that both Amauri and Tyon couldn't let go of and that was what Alden would wear. Miraculously Tyon didn't have any work that day and father and son seemed ecstatic at the idea of seeing Alden all dressed up. Alden loved dresses and of course he had already an idea of what he would wear that day. He had already shown Amauri how to create dresses and he had predicted that he would be excited about it but he never would have thought that Tyon would be the same. Seeing him all happy, Alden frowned:

"Didn't you way that my dresses were proof of really bad taste?"

Tyon froze as Amauri turned to him angrily:

"Did you say that, Dada?"

Tyon couldn't lie but he didn't like being reminded of that time either.

"Yes... But I don't think that anymore."

Alden laughed but Amauri didn't find this funny at all:

"How could you say that, Dada? Mommy is really talented and you shouldn't say something else because he will be hurt."

Alden ruffled Amauri's hair with a smile:

"Thanks darling but I don't care what other people think of my dresses. And why is that?

-Because you know your worth and the others are just jealous.

-You are really smart."

But Amauri still looked at his father with cold eyes. No one could criticize his mommy. If someone else did he would have already insulted them but his father was a rare case. Amauri was always on his mommy's side and he was really angry at his father but he couldn't treat him the same way he would everyone else because after his mommy, Tyon was the only person Amauri loved. Therefore, as long as his mommy was present, Amauri only stared at his father with eyes full of hate.