Chapter 9

Alden ignored Tyon completely. He didn't really talk to him before but he never acted so cold towards him either. His eyes didn't even go to him when he entered and Tyon felt like a ghost. Alden and Amauri didn't even wait for him to start eating or to get up from the table after they finished. Alden didn't make conversation wanting to finish eating as soon as possible. Amauri wasn't talking a lot either, both of their faces were very pale which had Tyon worried. He couldn't have time to think and asked:

"Are you okay?"

Tyon got more surprised than anyone by his question but Alden didn't even respond. He didn't have time for Tyon at the moment. He promised he would never talk to him ever again if he did it and for now he had to make sure Amauri was okay. He needed time to cheer the child up and then he would go and scream at Tyon. Moreover, he did feel a bit better after screaming at Gaillard and the other knights for long minutes. He did apologize for it and he had to admit that he didn't hate them.

Tyon felt pitiful. If he knew he would be feeling like this, he wouldn't have done anything to stop Alden. He was ashamed of himself but he couldn't take his silence. He didn't care where he took Amauri and only wanted him to look at him. He wanted to see his eyes. He wanted to see his superior smile. He wanted to see his determination. He needed it. But Alden never looked up at him, busy with Amauri. Tyon heard how much the child had cried and knew he had been in the wrong but he had no idea what to do to make things better. He never apologized before.

During the day Alden and the same seven people of last time went to the garden again and played with Amauri the whole day. The child was really happy and had the time of his life completely over the Zoo story by that time. Alden didn't realize how anxious he had been and he needed a break. He fell asleep against a tree and the others didn't break him playing with Amauri to give him some time to relax.

When he woke up Alden felt a bit better. He turned to Gaillard and the others with a sy smile:

"Thank you, guys. And I am so sorry if I was emotional. I just really want Amauri to be happy.

-You don't have to apologize. He is an adorable child. We want the best for him too."

They looked at Amauri running around in the grass with a peaceful smile. Janyn chose this moment to try and place in a few words for his master:

"I am sure the commander regrets his actions as well."

Alden scoffed.

"I don't think so.

-He is not a bad person.

-I beg to differ."

Willie looked at his shoes while James straightened up:

"I heard the commander had a very tough childhood. That could explain why he doesn't know how to behave around the young master.

-Poor commander had a tough life. That is no excuse at all. I would have loved to help him if he had been a decent human being. Not even a nice person but a decent one at last."

The others didn't know what to say anymore and the attempt to reconcile Alden and Tyon was given up. Dinner soon came and Alden had a huge appetite therefore busy eating and talking with Amauri. Tyon was right on time which was surprising but seeing that he was still ignored, he was at a loss and even tried making small talk during dinner. He asked about the weather and what Amauri would do the next day. No one ever heard Tyon talk that much in his whole life but despite everything, Alden didn't respond once. Even when Tyon couldn't take it anymore and called his name, Alden didn't even flinch as if he didn't hear anything. Amauri looked at his mommy and dada one after the other. Something was wrong. His dada seemed sad and that made him sad too. No matter the type of person that man was, Amauri still loved him.