Chapter 35

Alden got really hungry after this conversation and ran to the buffet. Seeing that, Tyon laughed and followed silently with Amauri. They both loved feeding Alden and quickly started finding everything that looked tasty before handing it to mommy. Alden was really hungry and accepted happily. He didn't know people thought of them like a crazy couple where Tyon was completely obsessive and protective. He didn't care what people thought and even found it a bit funny. How could such gossip start?

After everyone greeted the King and he made his greeting speech, the ball officially started and music started playing, people rushing to dance. The second the ball started, both Amauri and Tyon extended their hand towards Alden. He looked at the two, not even surprised by their coordination. Alden didn't even hesitate for a second and grabbed Amauri's hand. Tyon seemed betrayed and Alden couldn't hold back a laugh:

"I will dance with you after."

Amauri was beaming and Alden thought he saw him stick out his tongue to his dada. Of course half of the ballroom was staring at the little family and therefore saw the whole scene. Some people tried approaching the Duke as usual but they couldn't even say a word that he told them to disappear. The more the music was going, the more Tyon's eyes were burning. Fortunately, Alden finally turned around and walked to Tyon who immediately regained his smile.

Earl looked after Amauri and Alden extended his hand to Tyon with a smile:

"Would you like to dance with me?"

Tyon immediately grabbed Alden's hand and lifted him with one arm before rushing to the center of the room. Alden laughed. Tyon really looked like someone madly in love who had been waiting for their lover for hours. For one night Alden could let go and have fun too. He wasn't blind. He knew that Tyon cared for him without ever wanting to admit it but for one night he was going to accept it without asking questions.

Tyon hugged Alden so close that he almost couldn't move, therefore having a hard time dancing.

"I am not running anyway, you can use less force.

-Do you want me to?

-It is just advice.

-Then no."

And Tyon immediately hugged Alden even closer. This made him laugh:

"You are so weird. I can't dance like this.

-I'll dance for both of us."

And just like before, Tyon lifted Alden in the air, still dancing. Alden surrounded Tyon's neck with his arms and laughed:

"I understand better why everyone thinks you are madly in love with me.

-I am. I told you."

Alden thought back to the time he got terribly scared of Tyon.

"No. You said you loved me. That's not the same."

Alden just joked because he was feeling weird.

"So you do remember.

-Yes. But I still don't believe you.

-It's okay.

-I don't believe in love. I know it exists but...

-I understand.

-And some people do horrible things because of this so-called love.

-I would never hurt you."

Alden signed. He just wanted to have fun tonight and nothing else.

"I do know that you care for me though and that you did a lot for me. And I am grateful. You behaved really well this past year."