002

"...get him out of my sight."

a slap. another hit. it's almost always accompanied with curses.

it becomes a routine. in between those days, i have come to accept the fact that i deserve this.

hatred.

they hate me. they hate my existence. they wished for me to be dead, and i can't blame them for it.

how can one atone for the sins that they have made?

how can one be forgiven when the consequence has already happened?

how... can i be forgiven for something that is not my fault?

----

heeseung woke up with a throbbing headache. he sat up on his bed, his hand brushing through his hair which is now drenched with sweat.

fucking nightmare.

he subconsciously reached his bedside table to grab his phone. damn it, i think i forgot to take a pill earlier.

the door of his room opened, revealing his dormmate.

"yo dude, i was about to wake you up... eww, why are you sweating a lot?" jeongin eyes him with suspicion. "wait a damn minute, did you-"

"no i didn't, please get your mind off the gutter." he quickly shuts him off.

jeongin laughs. "okay, okay. don't be so defensive bro."

"anyways, jay called me earlier. he said you're not answering your phone so i told him you were doing sleeping beauty's regimen. then, he yelled 'fuck! jake's gonna get me bald if he doesn't come!' and hanged up. that leads me here, i was planning to wake you up in case jay's actually going to be bald."

"uh..." heeseung blinks at him, processing all the words that he just babbled. "okay, thanks."

he didn't understand half of what he was saying, but he didn't want to listen to jeongin again. him and his loud mouth will be the death of me someday.

"great! tell jay that he shouldn't shave his hair whatsoever because that kind of hairstyle won't suit him-" jeongin stops talking when he sees heeseung getting up of his bed.

"-okay i'll go now before you strangle me, bye!" his dormmate ran away before he could even reach the door.

he checks his phone for messages and, lo and behold, 27 missed calls and 108 unread messages all from jay. does he have unlimited calls and texts or something?

he sighed. it's already past 6 in the evening, and he only slept for three hours. his head is still throbbing, but he feels awful if he ditched the dinner. he doesn't want to disappoint jake too.

i guess i'll just force myself then.

------

[ jongseong ]

jongseong:
dude pls reply to me
it's been two hours alr
are you even alive atp
AIN'T NO WAY YOU'RE STILL SLEEPING
IT'S ALMOST 7 WTF

heeseung:
hey
sorry i overslept

jongseong:
oh thank fuck
wdym oversleep
bro you hibernated

heeseung:
lol stop exaggerating
i just took a nap

jongseong:
a nap?
that was no nap
what u did was almost a coma
you wouldn't even wake up after i called you for god knows how many times