035

busy 😪 @simjake tweeted.

yo 🪨🍃

683 likes | 26 retweets

replies:

@yeonjuned yo bro where u at
↪@simjake at the edge of the cliff, trying to rethink my life decisions
@marklee u skipped morning practice for this? 😧
↪@simjake cry about it 👍
@cornjay where's this? and you went alone?
↪@simjake no worries bff i just went for a quick hike by myself 😁

---------

jay stared at his screen for a second, reading jake's reply to his comment. he can't help but wonder what's going on inside his best friend's mind these days.

the last time he saw jake was the day that he said he got stomach problems. now it's been two days since he's seen him. did i do something wrong? because i can't remember a thing.

but it definitely seemed like jake was avoiding him. or is he just paranoid?

"wow, you look ugly when you frown like that."

jay quickly raised his middle finger as a response to sunghoon's unnecessary comment. he forgot that he's eating lunch with this asshole.

sunghoon smiled back at him before showing his middle finger too. "talk to your therapist, jay. maybe i can help." his voice is laced with sarcasm.

"fuck off. you're the one who needs therapy."

"true that," his friend smirks before eyeing him. "you're having problems with your ugly best friend, aren't you?"

ugly best friend? "stop calling jake ugly. he's definitely more handsome compared to you."

"look at you lying through your nose. plus i know you're just biased because you like him. now answer my question."

jay rolled his eyes. "me and jake are fine."

"that's it? no progress? anything?" sunghoon looked bored. "i didn't know you'd be this slow in making your move."

he sighed and stared at his plate of half-eaten pork cutlets. i knew i should've just eaten my lunch alone. i miss my peace.

"i'm not planning on making any moves, so shut up and just finish your lunch."

sunghoon raised an eyebrow. "why? you said you like jake, and i'm sure he's over heeseung now. so what's stopping you? take your chance."